2 VERY LIMITED EASTONS COMING OUT...will only be getting a small handful

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just letting you know both are double barrels...I had people ask for a double barrel ghost pretty often the past few months and trying to
get peeps out of the habit of just saying that to differentiate...as its not really differentiating...hahaha.

The one piece will be an ADV. Its not replacing the multi piece ADV. They probably had colleges and players inquiring about one as lots of college girls
seem to like one piece bats. So they are probably seeing if its a feasible product to manufacturer.

May 13, 2021
So I guess this bat is basically the same bat as the GA in a one piece design eliminating the connection joint between the handle and the barrel. Would be curious to know what is supposed to be gained by removing the connection and going back to the one piece design.

Sep 19, 2018
@lostcreek1
I am not a bat engineer or have any insider knowledge, but I believe it is totally about bat feel. how much feedback or not the batter feels.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
@lostcreek1
I am not a bat engineer or have any insider knowledge, but I believe it is totally about bat feel. how much feedback or not the batter feels.

In terms of most.....I'd agree with this. I'm going to imagine the swing feel of this bat will be drastically different than the 2-piece design. I wonder if the 1-piece gives some a better feel of control. Less things flexing/loading.

DD moved to a Ghost after using a Xeno for a long time. At one point she came home from practice and thought she had broken it. Said she felt the barrel keep moving. Turns out it was simply the bat flexing during swing or at contact. I couldn't get it to wobble or move with just my hands.

I had to show her some slo-mo footage from batting practice to prove it to her.

IMO, DD swings better with a stiffer bat design. But, she likes the feel of the Ghost now. So what do I know.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
The Ghost is just a crazy bat in my opinion. It is super hot, and has a feel to it hitting my daughter says. Are they prone to more cracks with their tech builds?...yes, but their customer service is second to none, and replace as many times as needed within the year window. Honestly don't want to jinx it, but the way they handle and work with their customers, is a HUGE reason I stay with Easton products.

FYI, they close to my heart as well 🤷‍♂️ as I always rocked the og Black Magic and reflex bats, that could kill people back in the 90's :p:cool: Little league through high school ball, summer and amateur baseball.

May 18, 2022
All else being equal and assuming flex is reduced by eliminating the connection, more energy will be transferred to the ball. There will also be a corresponding increase in energy transferred back to the hands.

Here is a video that shows exit velo testing difference between 1 piece and 2 piece versions of the same bat, Skip ahead to about 10:30 mark

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So I guess this bat is basically the same bat as the GA in a one piece design eliminating the connection joint between the handle and the barrel. Would be curious to know what is supposed to be gained by removing the connection and going back to the one piece design.
They are not eliminating the 2 piece ADV! This is just a different model. ADVs run 2 year intervals. So a 2 piece isnt due out til the 2024 Model.
Now, depending how this goes, I wouldnt doubt maybe a few more Unlimited are produced. But I doubt there will be a 2023 2 piece ADV until
next model year.

There is a inner connection, little diff than the conventional connection of a 2 piece obviously. But there is a decent amount of following
that like 1 piece bats. Problem being, one piece bats have usually been a lower model bat. Now its not.
Not every player loves the flex of a 2 piece bat. For some hitters, it works against them a little. I hated 2 piece, but got used to them
because the lack of quality 1 piece bats. Also, as age grows, the feedback bothers them less.
If you watch Mizuno teams, many swing the 1 piece Carbon1.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
@lostcreek1
Its more about flex between one and two piece bats. One piece, its a given you will feel more feedback. But flex (feel) is def the main
diff between 1 and 2 piece bats.

May 13, 2021
They are not eliminating the 2 piece ADV! This is just a different model. ADVs run 2 year intervals. So a 2 piece isnt due out til the 2024 Model.
Now, depending how this goes, I wouldnt doubt maybe a few more Unlimited are produced. But I doubt there will be a 2023 2 piece ADV until
next model year.

There is a inner connection, little diff than the conventional connection of a 2 piece obviously. But there is a decent amount of following
that like 1 piece bats. Problem being, one piece bats have usually been a lower model bat. Now its not.
Not every player loves the flex of a 2 piece bat. For some hitters, it works against them a little. I hated 2 piece, but got used to them
because the lack of quality 1 piece bats. Also, as age grows, the feedback bothers them less.
If you watch Mizuno teams, many swing the 1 piece Carbon1.
I understand that they are not eliminating the 2 piece GA. Was just trying to understand what the performance advantage would be in building a 1 piece GA. I guess performance should be about equal between the two, and probably durability also. With the only difference being the feel on contact.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying