17 yr old Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
efastball,

How does the striding action create momentum? The stride is very stylish. So how does striding create momentum. It seems to me the back side has a lot to do with it.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
How does the striding action create momentum?
2021-0530-1-001.jpg

MLB hitters use the green line. You pick up the front knee and the body falls forward on it's own, creating momentum.

High level hitters use technique (gravity, leverage, and Conservation of Angular momentum) first and foremost over strength.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Coil or falling? I see the coil and rear leg in charge. I don’t see just pick up your foot and fall forward.

giphy.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
To me the rear knee holding a location near or above the rear foot indicates some type of maintained coil around the rear leg, giving him the opportunity to fire when ready, but being ready from the start. He holds the coil then bursts based on pitch location or timing?

I see it as a rudder and anchor. rudder as in it doesn’t control direction, but it will steady/stabilize direction. It’s primary job is to hold the stretch at stride and meter the stretch at launch. It’s why you see the back foot turn over more on tighter shorter swings and stay back on longer ones

inside pitches need more slack, outside much less.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves