10u goes yard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Um, gotta nope nope on this one. Size makes up for lousy mechanics, but the fence is only 200 feet in softball. Any kid with good mechanics can get it there by the time they're 13. This kid is amazing because she's 10, but it isn't because of her size, it's because of her bat speed.

-W

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I've never seen it yet personally. At 10-11years old, I think its a combination of all the above. Skill, size, bat speed, and a little bit of luck.

Aug 20, 2013
Wow! What is the ratio of all 10u "A" girls that can hit homeruns (over the fence homeruns obv)?

I'm in Florida and have seen 3 girls (My daughter included) hit homeruns over the fence this year in 10u. Have 2 of them on video. I also witnessed it once last year as well.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
A girl on our organization's 10U team hit one out this year to win the tournament championship they were in. She's about 4'8" and weighs maybe 80 pounds. Amazing what can be done with good mechanics, bat speed, and a CF7.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Homeruns at 10U are the norm it seems this season. Watched one girl hit 3 in one game like it was BP. 2 years ago there weren't any hit at any 12U tournament i attended this season they are getting hit with more consistency. Mechanics are important but the technology of the bats has to be playing a huge roll in the uptick in 10U/12U homeruns.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Regardless of level, archer >>>>>>>>>> arrow

Of course. The CF7 just happened to be the "arrow" in this case.

JQuick, if you're in NJ then you may have seen the other kid on the same team hit three out in one game this season (with a RocketFlex). She's a bit bigger than the one I was referring to though.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Homeruns at 10U are the norm it seems this season. Watched one girl hit 3 in one game like it was BP. 2 years ago there weren't any hit at any 12U tournament i attended this season they are getting hit with more consistency. Mechanics are important but the technology of the bats has to be playing a huge roll in the uptick in 10U/12U homeruns.

IMO, its the players. Bats have been dumbed down since ABI was introduced in 2008. Don't underestimate the power produced by good timing and sound mechanics.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
JQuick, if you're in NJ then you may have seen the other kid on the same team hit three out in one game this season (with a RocketFlex). She's a bit bigger than the one I was referring to though.

The one i saw was in a tournament in central DE and was from a team in Southern Delaware. There was a 12U catcher in NJ that hit a bomb at the Medford complex into the trees but i swear that fence is only 150ft lol. But either way it was gone if it was 200 it just wouldn't have been as GONE!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
An exact hit ball will have different outcomes depending on WHERE ( geographic location ) it was hit. Drag force, Magnus force, static pressure, relative humidity, air temperature, elevation. A home run at _______, might be a long fly ball at ________,and vice versa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose