#1 aspect of hitting not being taught

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
If you could name one thing that should be taught by all hitting instructors but is not being taught, what would that be? Please keep responses as short as possible. More interested in what you would say is the missing link by most hitting instructors.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
If you could name one thing that should be taught by all hitting instructors but is not being taught, what would that be? Please keep responses as short as possible. More interested in what you would say is the missing link by most hitting instructors.[/QUOTE]
If I was to take my DD to a hitting instructor he/she needs to know what DFP means. Then if they do. What is your "screen name"?

R

RayR

Eyes....everyone is focused on technique/mechanics....have any idea how many hitters have no idea how to track a ball properly and learn to pick pitches from a pitcher before the ball is even released?

If you could name one thing that should be taught by all hitting instructors but is not being taught, what would that be? Please keep responses as short as possible. More interested in what you would say is the missing link by most hitting instructors.

Oct 25, 2009
Eyes....everyone is focused on technique/mechanics....have any idea how many hitters have no idea how to track a ball properly and learn to pick pitches from a pitcher before the ball is even released?

How about starting a thread on that? Or a link.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Too easy, it's the mental aspect. Most HC don't teach it in depth because they don't know how.

I see girls all the time hit off a tee or pitching machine like a hero. Great if you are 14-16 and still play T-ball, then they move onto some good live pitchers and look like a fool. It reminds me of watching a boxer just kill a punching bag, only because a punching bag doesn't hit back.

Edit:
Redhotcoach, dang it you beat me by 3 mins. I should have kept my post shorter. Hope we can share the prize. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl