Need advice from the you guys.........unobtainable glove or divorce??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Don't know how I missed this thread for this long. My DD played ball for 13 years. In that time I bought her 5 gloves, plus 2 for myself. Total I didn't spend over $800.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
FWIW, I wanted to buy DD a forever glove and heard Nokona was the one I should buy. I purchased a 12.5" outfield glove and proudly presented it to her. She worked it a lot and broke it in BUT, after 6 months I noticed it was staying in the bag while she used a 12" nicely broken in Worth Century fielders mitt. I asked her what was the deal. She took out the Nokona and the worth and handed them to me asking which would you want to run with. The point of all this was "DON'T BUY ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOT TRIED ON OR SEEN IN PERSON. " On a side note, after trying on a number of outfield gloves, DD has worn an A2000 the last 4 years.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
FWIW, I wanted to buy DD a forever glove and heard Nokona was the one I should buy. I purchased a 12.5" outfield glove and proudly presented it to her. She worked it a lot and broke it in BUT, after 6 months I noticed it was staying in the bag while she used a 12" nicely broken in Worth Century fielders mitt. I asked her what was the deal. She took out the Nokona and the worth and handed them to me asking which would you want to run with. The point of all this was "DON'T BUY ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOT TRIED ON OR SEEN IN PERSON. " On a side note, after trying on a number of outfield gloves, DD has worn an A2000 the last 4 years.

People are different and do things differently........in the over 5+ years I've been a member here, and the 30+ gloves I've owned, the ONLY glove that I ever looked at in person and tried on before I bought it was a Pro Issue Pro1000 Spring Training glove from the Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach while on vacation. Never had a problem! I had some guy in California beat me to death on that glove for a couple of months and ole stupid here finally sold it to him..............that was a mistake!

I personally have never believed in the "forever" glove, but I can definitely understand the thought behind it. BUT, and please take no offense to this........if I were looking for that forever glove.........I wouldn't be looking at or considering a Nokona! That's just me.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
10 years ago the Nokona glove was highly respected. If we'd had a retailer around here where we could look at it we probably wouldn't have purchased it. It's like buying shoes from the internet. You get a good deal and you roll the dice that they fit. Sending them back makes them awfully expensive.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
10 years ago the Nokona glove was highly respected. If we'd had a retailer around here where we could look at it we probably wouldn't have purchased it. It's like buying shoes from the internet. You get a good deal and you roll the dice that they fit. Sending them back makes them awfully expensive.
10 years ago you could get the Nokona Legend series with the Sandstone leather, now that was a serious Nokona!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying