Need advice from the you guys.........unobtainable glove or divorce??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
If I weren't excluded from this conversation, I'd at least point out the "rare/investment opportunity" angle that you could try and take with the wife.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
You really want to cherish that glove? Think bigger...take the wife on a trip, visit Japan personally, walk into those shops yourself, go to a few games then buy the darn glove (after trying it on of course). Problem solved, your welcome ;-)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You really want to cherish that glove? Think bigger...take the wife on a trip, visit Japan personally, walk into those shops yourself, go to a few games then buy the darn glove (after trying it on of course). Problem solved, your welcome ;-)

Straight to the point, I like it, and thanks!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

So a $800 glove turns into a $10,800++ glove??

Reactions: ian
Oct 1, 2014
USA
What's a few Yen compared to being able to display that glove proudly on the mantle with full on DW approval? lol

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm a user, not a collector. As a musician, I would never buy a guitar that I couldn't play, no matter how "special" it was. As such, the idea of buying a glove that I couldn't use makes no sense.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm a user, not a collector. As a musician, I would never buy a guitar that I couldn't play, no matter how "special" it was. As such, the idea of buying a glove that I couldn't use makes no sense.

Completely agree! I’m down to two gloves (bricks) that haven’t been touched yet, but their turn is coming!

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
The glove is for you? I couldn't buy one at any price where I hadn't tried it on first.

May 19, 2016
Found a couple more interesting pics of some Sluggers, for me, an American, these glove models are somewhat difficult to decipher. Between the Hard ball and Rubber ball models, I definitely want a Hard ball model. Once Japanese players get to high school they switch from the Rubber ball to the Hard ball, the Hard ball gloves are beefier with better internals.

Most outfield gloves max out at 12.5" with some infield patterns as small as 10" & 11". It almost seems like there's 5 Japanese glove models (this is a broad assumption on my part), Pitcher's gloves, Catcher's mitts, 1B mitt's, infield gloves, and outfield gloves......seems simple enough right? We here in America are spoiled, I know I am, if tomorrow I want a 1/4" larger glove than I'm playing with today, I'll replace my 12" Pro1000 with my 12.25" Pro207 or NP7. I'm rambling on, I really just wanted to start a new glove thread, hasn't been a new one here in a while, seems like everyone here's DD just hits and never plays defense?

Got the Hard ball / Rubber ball pic from a guy over at SBF who's really well versed on true Japanese gloves, interesting photo!

I think more people talk bats because there are far fewer bat companies and models out there than gloves. The possibilities are almost endless It seems, to the point where Its hard for a lot of people to digest. I think kids also grow out of bats a lot sooner than gloves, gloves also last longer In terms of durability. Personally I go back and forth. The next purchase Is likely going to be a 30/20 Power Carbon, then either a custom Vinci (saw a nice red, white and blue H Web on Vincis FB this weekend but unless Its custom It only comes In 13") or an A2000 H Web for the spoiled brat, uh I mean my DD. Her Custom Liberty Advanced Is still holding up nicely. But, between 10U travel ball and her second season of middle school ball coming up this fall, she plays more positions than a politician. Im thinking that I-Web Rawlings Is going to be middle infield duty and a slightly larger H Web for when she plays 3B and CF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802