Xeno vs Onex

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2012
They are the same concept... the onex is composite discs where the xeno has aluminum discs inside the barrel. Both are good bats. For a contact hitter, these bats are both hot and could turn a infield grounder into a stand up double... big pop on the huge sweet spot

The One x does not have composite discs. I was at a softball convention in Louisville and had a discussion with a a LS rep, he said it was false advertising. The difference is how the handle is joined to the barrel. I hit with both bats myself and did not really notice a difference between the two.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The One x does not have composite discs. I was at a softball convention in Louisville and had a discussion with a a LS rep, he said it was false advertising. The difference is how the handle is joined to the barrel. I hit with both bats myself and did not really notice a difference between the two.

So the slugger rep says slugger is false advertising?
Louisville Slugger - The Slugger Story

Nov 27, 2012
X-e-n-o
O-n-e-x
Atleast they could have came up with a different name, they just wrote the name backwards for the new bat.

Jan 20, 2011
Darling wife and I have had many discussions regarding DD's bat regarding their cost and their longevity. And once I broke it down as follows she's all in and I don't get the stink-eye any longer when a new bat arrives.

125 swings/contact per hitting lesson per week (front/side/tee work only - no machine)
+ 100 swings/contact 3 days a week working on her own at home
425 swings/contact per week
x 4 weeks
1700 swings/contact per month
x 12 months
20,400 swings/contact per year
/ $300 list price
Under $.02 per swing/contact

Puts a whole new meaning to getting your $.02 worth! Considering most, if not all, of us can find a deal that is less than retail, I am ok if a bat goes 'dead' after 20,000+ contacts and a new bat is needed. More importantly, so is darling wife!

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Just bought DD the 2013 Xeno in Dec. Have been told not to use it at the cages. Only use it with official softballs.
Is there truth to that? If so will it hold her back if she has to use a different bat (def not another $200 bat) between team practice and cages?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan