Xeno vs Onex

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2012
DD moving up 32/22 basically a linedrive hitter with quick hands and occasional pop. any info appreciated

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
My DD has both in that same length/drop. The joint on the 2012 Xeno is getting loose after a year plus of hitting. Only had the Onex a few months the joint seems to be made much better. Can't tell any difference in the bat other than that.

My 5' short", 100 lb. DD is not a power hitter and I would not recommend either for a power hitter. Seen too many break. With that said you could not pry either out of my DD hands she loves both and will not switch to a different bat.

Both have a lot of pop IMO. Both the same composite. Different material used on the internal discs that limit exit speed. I'm told they may sound different. I've heard people complain about the sound. I personally do not care how any bat sounds I just want performance.

I have conceded to purchasing one bat a year anyways so the lifespan does not bother me any more.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
They are the same concept... the onex is composite discs where the xeno has aluminum discs inside the barrel. Both are good bats. For a contact hitter, these bats are both hot and could turn a infield grounder into a stand up double... big pop on the huge sweet spot

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Xeno is a great tool for smoking one through the infield. It does have its dead spots, but if she can consistently find the ball with the "good wood" it could be a great fit for the hitter you describe.

Haven't got a OneX yet, so no idea how they compare.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
There really isnt any sting to these bats... there is a dampening effect in the connection of handle and barrel. However, in my experience with the xeno, some of the girls didnt like how its balanced. Before you buy one, go to the sporting goods store and swing it. Make sure you guys love the feel. If so, then you can find xeno's on ebay all day for $200

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD has both in that same length/drop. The joint on the 2012 Xeno is getting loose after a year plus of hitting. Only had the Onex a few months the joint seems to be made much better. Can't tell any difference in the bat other than that.

My DD had the same problem with her 2012 Xeno and it was declared illegal by an umpire during a tournament. I called Louisville Slugger and told them what happened and they replaced it with a 2013 Xeno no questions asked!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
There's a whole thread on Xeno's lack of resiliency, and DD has broken 3, but she's a different kind of hitter than OP has. The "contact hitters" don't seem to have the same problem.
I was told by a trusted retailer that the failure rate is still less than 4%, which is why they can just keep sending bats to the doombringers.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
My DD had the same problem with her 2012 Xeno and it was declared illegal by an umpire during a tournament. I called Louisville Slugger and told them what happened and they replaced it with a 2013 Xeno no questions asked!

The rest of the story. DD had a 2011 that developed a rattle LS replaced it with a 2012 under warranty(same as JAD no questions ask). So we only had about 2 months of warranty on the 2012 bat.

I believe guero_gordo's dealer is correct if referring to the failures under warranty. In my experience the Xeno's won't last much longer than the warranty even for a contact hitter. I'm hoping the Onex will considering what we paid for it, but I'm not going to bet the farm on it.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
The rest of the story. DD had a 2011 that developed a rattle LS replaced it with a 2012 under warranty(same as JAD no questions ask). So we only had about 2 months of warranty on the 2012 bat.

I believe guero_gordo's dealer is correct if referring to the failures under warranty. In my experience the Xeno's won't last much longer than the warranty even for a contact hitter. I'm hoping the Onex will considering what we paid for it, but I'm not going to bet the farm on it.

My DD has had 3 2011, the original, purchased in Fall 2010 is still being used by a teammate We just sold the 2nd to a younger player (both 32/22). She has used the 33/23 for almost a year with no issue. Just received her 33/24 OneX a couple of weeks ago. So far, she loves it. Don't know about the resiliency yet. She's a .400+ contact hitter with some HR power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan