Anyone have thoughts on a -9 line bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The most important factor in hitting the ball hard is where you hit it on the bat…use that information how you want but might be why you don’t see colllege kids using drop 8’s and why they seem to break less bats then Suzy 12U..

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
When my dd started playing in college, one of the senior dads said that she would never be a home run hitter. Well, she never was in high school. He said the only way she would hit any home runs at all was to go to a drop 9. I still laugh about this. He named those players on the team who listened to him and broke the school record for home runs. My dd used a drop 10 all career and did pretty good wrt home runs.

Oct 4, 2018
According to the database on here a lot of the older Xenos were almost an ounce over sticker. Not sure if that has changed for the newer ones.

True.

The 2020 Xeno we have is a 32 drop 10 and weighs just over 23 ounces. The 2022s are more true to the numbers painted on the bat.

May 28, 2019
True.

The 2020 Xeno we have is a 32 drop 10 and weighs just over 23 ounces. The 2022s are more true to the numbers painted on the bat.
i've had 2 sets of GA's and new xeno's of the same length and drop. They were very closes to identical. Fractions of an ounce difference each time. inbetween .1 and .3 at most of an ounce.

Dec 11, 2010
They also are so strong and mechanically sound that their swings just make the ball explode off the bat.
The difference between ”then and now” is crazy. She was messing around in the yard playing wiffle ball with the boyfriend this summer and I asked my wife “did you hear that when she was hitting wiffle balls?” It just sounded different, even with a skinny yellow bat. My wife had noticed it too.

Too bad she has worked so hard on a skill that will be completely irrelevant after June 2024, lol. The Westwind Hitting Equipment Fire sale begins around noon on about January 4 2024 when she heads the Subaru back towards school after Christmas break, lol!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Westwind Hitting Equipment Fire sale begins around noon on about January 4 2024 when she heads the Subaru back towards school after Christmas break, lol!
I'm down to four different 33" bats hanging in the garage.

2017....or 18 LXT?
2016 Xeno.
A Rocketech and a NanoTek.

The Anderson's aren't worth much, nice wall art, all four of them are for when I'll coach again, maybe? Let me know what you're gonna do with those DW5's? ;)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
swing the heaviest bat you can WITHOUT giving up bat speed.
People think by going lighter, you are automatically gaining bat speed...you are not. Body is only going to swing a bat so fast in games.
I love seeing people pick up bats to dry swing and they swing it 100 mph giving all they have and go, omg, thats fast..haha. That doesnt happen in games.

If your perfect weight is 33/23, picking up a 32/22 will not make you swing faster and drive the ball further. Just like if your sitting at
33/23, but you could swing 34/24 just as fast, you will drive it further. Every batter has a perfect bat weight.

Dec 11, 2010
I'm down to four different 33" bats hanging in the garage.

2017....or 18 LXT?
2016 Xeno.
A Rocketech and a NanoTek.

The Anderson's aren't worth much, nice wall art, all four of them are for when I'll coach again, maybe? Let me know what you're gonna do with those DW5's? ;)
I’m actually going to have all the gloves re-done and I’m going to regift them to DD’s, lol!

The only bats I kept were broken or Rocketechs. I was instructed to keep those! Man I looked for Rocketflexes until dd got her first Ghost from Core. Great bats.

Oct 4, 2018
swing the heaviest bat you can WITHOUT giving up bat speed.
People think by going lighter, you are automatically gaining bat speed...you are not. Body is only going to swing a bat so fast in games.
I love seeing people pick up bats to dry swing and they swing it 100 mph giving all they have and go, omg, thats fast..haha. That doesnt happen in games.

If your perfect weight is 33/23, picking up a 32/22 will not make you swing faster and drive the ball further. Just like if your sitting at
33/23, but you could swing 34/24 just as fast, you will drive it further. Every batter has a perfect bat weight.

Totally agree. It's like Barry Bonds swinging a toothpick. Just not going to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles