Anyone have thoughts on a -9 line bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Totally agree. It's like Barry Bonds swinging a toothpick. Just not going to work.
Bonds actually used a bat which was lighter than the MLB average...Heavy compared to the toothpicks our kids use but not heavy for a grown man..(and he choked up..)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Bonds actually used a bat which was lighter than the MLB average...Heavy compared to the toothpicks our kids use but not heavy for a grown man..(and he choked up..)
He was using pretty much a 34/32 (he was a like fractions of an ounce under 32). I mean, with his workout vitamins, it prob felt
like a twig :D

Average bat size today is 34/32 I think. There are guys that use lighter that were great hitters, but more contact guys.

Jun 8, 2016
He was using pretty much a 34/32 (he was a like fractions of an ounce under 32). I mean, with his workout vitamins, it prob felt
like a twig :D

Average bat size today is 34/32 I think. There are guys that use lighter that were great hitters, but more contact guys.
It was 31.6 Oz..and like I said he choked up (he supposedly did that because when he hung around his father at the park all they had were grown men bats so that is what he got used to..).

That brings up a good point though..did he use a heavier bat after his vitamin regimen ensued?? :)

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It was 31.6 Oz..and like I said he choked up (he supposedly did that because when he hung around his father at the park all they had were grown men bats so that is what he got used to..). Hit the ball off the barrel..

That brings up a good point though..did he use a heavier bat after his vitamin regimen ensued?? :)
He had the bat made so the knob was HUGE and pretty much forced his hands up the bat a little. But thats a pretty neat reason for
why he did it. I guess habit never die. And when you're hitting 700 homers, why stop

Jun 8, 2016
He had the bat made so the knob was HUGE and pretty much forced his hands up the bat a little. But thats a pretty neat reason for
why he did it. I guess habit never die. And when you're hitting 700 homers, why stop
The bat did look like a toothpick in his hands though. Another guy who looked like he was a swinging a toothpick was Dave Winfield but he was tall so that is understandable (his bat wasn't actually small I don't think).

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The bat did look like a toothpick in his hands though. Another guy who looked like he was a swinging a toothpick was Dave Winfield but he was tall so that is understandable (his bat wasn't actually small I don't think).
Hahaha, he was like a Giant. I just looked and he swung a 35/35...and it still looked tiny

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles