Anyone have thoughts on a -9 line bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I didn't read through all the posts, but I'll go ahead and share DD's experience. DD's TB coach had a bunch of extra bats in boxes sitting on the shelf in his warehouse, and we pulled out a 2014 34 -9 LXT. DD said let's give it a go since she liked her 32-10 version from previous years. She used it for a couple of weeks. One game she bangs one over the fence and the very next pitch of the next AB hits another over the fence. Then after that couldn't hit a lick! She shelved it and went back to the 34-10 for the remainder of her career.

Jul 4, 2015
Something that stands out in performance vs what the -10 version does? We have most experiences with Xeno and GA's of recent. Have both in a -10 33" bat. Looking to add a 33" -9 for her to start swinging in the cage and maybe add to game arsenal when she feels ready. My first thought is to buy another xeno as that's been her main preferred bat for nearly 2 years now.

Just open to hearing any thoughts or opionions on anything else out there.
Depends on the kid. My oldest liked to lightest longest bat she could find. was all about the quick bat and control. My youngest always wanted the heaviest bat she could comfortably snap through the zone. I think in stead of getting caught up in weights and Name brands. Go some place with a cage where your daughter can take enough swings to know if she feels comfortable swinging that bat. Once she swings a bat and you see her smiling when she finishes her swing, well there ya go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles