Why D1 ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What I would like to see is a true WCWS: the D1, D2, D3, and NAIA National Champions play a tournament to determine the true National Champion!
Each team plays the other three, then the 1 seed plays the 4 and 2 vs 3 in single elimination. The winners playing for Championship and losers play for third.
I believe the D1 Chsmps would not always win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are beyond wrong here. If you think there is a team in D2 or D3 that could even prevent a run rule loss in five innings, you haven't watched enough college softball.

May 27, 2013
I have a former player, who chose D3 cause in Pre Med with her 4 th year clinical training she couldn’t play Softball. If a D1 player has a similar issue, does she lose her scholarship money her Senior year? Being merit based in D3, they don’t.

What clinical training is a 4th year pre-med student doing? You realize most “pre-med”degrees are science-based degrees like bio, chem, etc, that just ensure students take the pre-reqs required for med school, right?

I am also well aware that merit money doesn’t go away as long as a certain academic standard is maintained.

May 3, 2023
What clinical training is a 4th year pre-med student doing? You realize most “pre-med”degrees are science-based degrees like bio, chem, etc, that just ensure students take the pre-reqs required for med school, right?

I am also well aware that merit money doesn’t go away as long as a certain academic standard is maintained.

She worked her Senior year in VA hospital more than 60 miles from her campus, so playing was not possible.
I, also, know players in other medical fields that also had to forgo playing their Senior year for the same reason.

May 27, 2013
She worked her Senior year in VA hospital more than 60 miles from her campus, so playing was not possible.
I, also, know players in other medical fields that also had to forgo playing their Senior year for the same reason.

So it wasn’t “clinical training” then. She was getting in the patient care hours that many pre-med students start doing the summer after their freshman year of college is what it sounds like.

May 3, 2023

That’s their Senior Softball not school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805