Why D1 ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
And it all sounds like a moot point anyway. No D1 program is going to want a recruit to spend time during the season abroad.

Aug 5, 2022
P4 D1 full combo ride mostly athletic despite the 4.0 gpa. Graded did not earn her but a drop in the bucket. She would not be able to attend this out of state school without her talent. There’s a path for every player and it’s different for every player. Some kids want the big university experience instead of the extended high school version of a small school. I’m confident in her academic choice and the connections she’s going to make but ultimately it’s up to her! We will be on the hook for small amount of winter and summer classes to allow her to finish with two degrees given her high school credits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2019
With the increased scholarships available now at the D1 level every player will be on full scholarship (assuming the schools fully fund them). I would think this changes this threads conversations quite a bit.

Nov 9, 2021
With the increased scholarships available now at the D1 level every player will be on full scholarship (assuming the schools fully fund them). I would think this changes this threads conversations quite a bit.

I am skeptical they will fully fund them at most D1 schools. If they do it would be great and would definitely change the conversation.

I am more concerned the new roster limits will limit girls who want to walk on at D1 schools while academics covers tuition. May force many girls to lower levels if they want to continue playing softball. I am hoping for the best but curious to see the final result.

Aug 5, 2022

They left in the ability to use equivalent scholarships so I really don’t think outside of the P4 this is going to change the scholarship situation much

May 3, 2023
My kids are already in college. But makes sense now looking at those schools because the tuition is a lot less expensive than I would have imagined.

I have a former player, who chose D3 cause in Pre Med with her 4 th year clinical training she couldn’t play Softball. If a D1 player has a similar issue, does she lose her scholarship money her Senior year? Being merit based in D3, they don’t.

Oct 14, 2019
I have a former player, who chose D3 cause in Pre Med with her 4 th year clinical training she couldn’t play Softball. If a D1 player has a similar issue, does she lose her scholarship money her Senior year? Being merit based in D3, they don’t.

Korbe Otis at Florida is going to med school when she's done playing. Being an All American helps, I guess.

May 3, 2023
Korbe Otis at Florida is going to med school when she's done playing. Being an All American helps, I guess.

What I would like to see is a true WCWS: the D1, D2, D3, and NAIA National Champions play a tournament to determine the true National Champion!
Each team plays the other three, then the 1 seed plays the 4 and 2 vs 3 in single elimination. The winners playing for Championship and losers play for third.
I believe the D1 Chsmps would not always win!

May 3, 2023
What I would like to see is a true WCWS: the D1, D2, D3, and NAIA National Champions play a tournament to determine the true National Champion!
Each team plays the other three, then the 1 seed plays the 4 and 2 vs 3 in single elimination. The winners playing for Championship and losers play for third.
I believe the D1 Chsmps would not always win!

I think ESPN would gladly cover such a tournament.