Where exactly is the true pivot point?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Where does the bat pivot around?

Is it at the bottom of the bottom hand (knob of the bat)?

Is it in between the top and bottom hand?

Is it above the top hand?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Nobody??

The reason I bring this up is because of a golfing video. Guy says that the closer to the knob the club pivot around the longer the lever. So if you're hitting with a 33-inch bat and the pivot point is between the top hand and bottom hand (which I think it is for a lot of hitters) you're really only swinging a 29- or 30-inch bat. And therefore, losing speed. So, I tried it today and he is right. I gained 5 or 6 mph in club head speed. Very loose top hand and whip it around the end of the club. (Knob if using bat)

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Nobody??

The reason I bring this up is because of a golfing video. Guy says that the closer to the knob the club pivot around the longer the lever. So if you're hitting with a 33-inch bat and the pivot point is between the top hand and bottom hand (which I think it is for a lot of hitters) you're really only swinging a 29- or 30-inch bat. And therefore, losing speed. So, I tried it today and he is right. I gained 5 or 6 mph in club head speed. Very loose top hand and whip it around the end of the club. (Knob if using bat)
Interesting can you share video? I’m not sure how much golf stuff translates in to hitting but I’m always interested in learning.

Jun 8, 2016
I am pretty sure I would throw my club with my RH if I played golf..not sure if that helps or not..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The pull/pivot w the lead hand/arm is more of a cut across the ball oppo/inside out/lag/drag type swing. Great for slap hitters. Not much else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13