Whats wrong with the swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Really....your willing to let this dad go on a Snipe Hunt......
8898a4795728b05f42318a604763b8792a7383bf.gifv

Unbelievable.......
Bat drag is when the back elbow pulls forward ahead of the hands. Simple as that.

a snipe hunt?? Haha. I think I gave him a clear picture on what needs attention. You’re the one who said she has 5 things wrong with her swing and then didn’t respond to him when he asked how to fix it ! Anyone can say ‘that isn’t right’

It isn’t drag just bc the elbow is in front of the hands. There is more to it than that. She isn’t dragging anything. She’s in front of her power source. The hands are working properly. Just out of sync. Just like when the hands drop down a bit before swinging. Is a player truly dropping their hands? Many pros do this. The barrel is loading in a different manner.. maybe bc of the location or speed of the pitch? She doesn’t drag. She doesn’t load.

RH was correct imo. No slack removal or sequence. Just hands.

Look at this guy. elbow in front of hands. Drag? Nope.

1595180842687.gif

Here’s another. Drag? Nope.

1595181096305.gif

the swing is cause and effect. You must look at things in this manner.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
a snipe hunt?? Haha. I think I gave him a clear picture on what needs attention. You’re the one who said she has 5 things wrong with her swing and then didn’t respond to him when he asked how to fix it ! Anyone can say ‘that isn’t right’

It isn’t drag just bc the elbow is in front of the hands. There is more to it than that. She isn’t dragging anything. She’s in front of her power source. The hands are working properly. Just out of sync. Just like when the hands drop down a bit before swinging. Is a player truly dropping their hands? Many pros do this. The barrel is loading in a different manner.. maybe bc of the location or speed of the pitch? She doesn’t drag. She doesn’t load.

RH was correct imo. No slack removal or sequence. Just hands.

Look at this guy. elbow in front of hands. Drag? Nope.

View attachment 18546

Here’s another. Drag? Nope.

View attachment 18547

the swing is cause and effect. You must look at things in this manner.
Hunter Pence may not be a good example because of his Scheuermann's disease

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd