What’s the verdict on the 2021’s?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I see a ton of the Ghost Advanced being used in our area, including my DD and at least half her team. Easily more than any other bat.

The white and red or the new white and gold?

Same bat. I'm just curious if that many people bought the newest one.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Several years ago(2015) DD had an opportunity to catch Keilani Ricketts for a few pitches during a product commercial set. Andrea Duran was also there. I got talkin' to Andrea about bats. She said that many of the professional players preferred a one piece bat that many of the younger players could not swing. DD's catching/hitting coach at the time played on the professional circuit as well. IIRC she was showed me her bat and it was a Miken. Not the Freak, but some other one piece bat. I wonder if the bat manufacturers make special high performance bats for the top 10 programs that are more tuned to the bigger, stronger players, or are they the bats that come off the shelf?

May 29, 2019
My DD has loved the mizuno pc. Uses 31/21. Actual bat weight is spot on to listed 21 oz. Very balanced.

She has never used a ghost advanced and she's a go with the flow girl. The ghost may (may) be better but at this stage the pc is a great cost/performance bat for her.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
My DD was swinging the Power Carbon before she moved onto the Ghost. She loved that bat. It was true to weight, swung very balanced, and was very hot. The Ghost is over 1.0 oz over sticker and has a more end-loaded feel. If someone is sensitive to these things, they are very different feeling. She does hit the ball farther with the Ghost, but says the PC is the 2nd hottest bat she has ever hit with.

Oct 4, 2018
Several years ago(2015) DD had an opportunity to catch Keilani Ricketts for a few pitches during a product commercial set. Andrea Duran was also there. I got talkin' to Andrea about bats. She said that many of the professional players preferred a one piece bat that many of the younger players could not swing. DD's catching/hitting coach at the time played on the professional circuit as well. IIRC she was showed me her bat and it was a Miken. Not the Freak, but some other one piece bat. I wonder if the bat manufacturers make special high performance bats for the top 10 programs that are more tuned to the bigger, stronger players, or are they the bats that come off the shelf?

We used to pay Andrea Duran (2 years ago) to come lead fielding drills for our 10U girls. They had no idea how cool that was. :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My DD was swinging the Power Carbon before she moved onto the Ghost. She loved that bat. It was true to weight, swung very balanced, and was very hot. The Ghost is over 1.0 oz over sticker and has a more end-loaded feel. If someone is sensitive to these things, they are very different feeling. She does hit the ball farther with the Ghost, but says the PC is the 2nd hottest bat she has ever hit with.

I tell that to anybody, that when you compare bats...you need to compare weights. Or when you try and buy something to compare with
something else you are swinging...make sure of weights. When someone is going from a Ghost to PC, I make sure to tell them the PC is
right on sticker and the Ghost is an ounce over, so its going to be lighter and may not get the pop as the Ghost...that maybe a drop9 PC is more comparable or vice versa. So if you like the Ghost 33/23...getting a 33/23 PC wont be good, because it will be too light. A 33/24 will
be a better weight fit.
Same if a Xeno user wants a PC...same kinda concept

May 12, 2014
If you are consistently barreling up balls there is probably minimal difference between any of the higher end bats.

That’s my thoughts too. I see college players using different brands still bomb it. Bats can only be so hot within legal limits.

Oct 4, 2018
I tell that to anybody, that when you compare bats...you need to compare weights. Or when you try and buy something to compare with
something else you are swinging...make sure of weights. When someone is going from a Ghost to PC, I make sure to tell them the PC is
right on sticker and the Ghost is an ounce over, so its going to be lighter and may not get the pop as the Ghost...that maybe a drop9 PC is more comparable or vice versa. So if you like the Ghost 33/23...getting a 33/23 PC wont be good, because it will be too light. A 33/24 will
be a better weight fit.
Same if a Xeno user wants a PC...same kinda concept

Exactly. I bought my DD a drop 9 Xeno to get the weight to match up with her drop 10 Ghost Advanced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321