LS Meta?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
How many different models of the Meta have they made. On the bat database it just shows 2021. When you look on LS website it shows the one they are selling now as a 2022. Are these the same bat or was there actually two different models. Also for the guys that sell bats have you heard when a new one may be coming out.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
LS switched in 2022 to a two year cycle. So the current model is the same one that came out in 2021.

I'm hearing late summer or early fall for the next release on all their bats.

May 13, 2021
LS switched in 2022 to a two year cycle. So the current model is the same one that came out in 2021.

I'm hearing late summer or early fall for the next release on all their bats.
Thanks for the info. Maybe the new ones will be a little more durable. Seems like I hear more about the Meta breaking than I do the Ghost.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Thanks for the info. Maybe the new ones will be a little more durable. Seems like I hear more about the Meta breaking than I do the Ghost.
The Meta has its issues, but I wouldn't say as many have broken as the Ghost. It's definitely frustrating having the bats not be durable, regardless of the make.

May 16, 2016
Our first Meta finally being retired at around 20 months. Barrel still looks good, but the internals have come apart. Rattles like a maraca when shaken, and there is something large that slides up and down the inside of the barrel. She has gone back to her old Ghost Advanced for now. She's hitting it well, and not asking for a new Meta. So, gonna let that ride for now.

I'd say, definitely more durable than the Ghost Advanced, but not most durable on the market because of the internals.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Meta was a hit or miss. You knew pretty quick whether you got an ok one, or a bad one. If you got thru the first 30 days with no
internal issue, then you could relax for the most part and be confident you were gonna be ok.

May 20, 2015
i don't have market share data, but anecdotally i see a LOT more ghost advanced swung then metas swung......maybe that's geographic, and it is certainly suspect data at best.......but i probably see more ghosts by a huge margin......probably 10-1......and i have known more than a few that have had issues with the meta, to the point of giving up on it

from my (flawed/limited) experiences, i see more people swinging the ghost & staying with the ghost even if they have had issues......while it seems i see a higher percentage of users have issues with the meta, and a high percentage of them move away from it

just my .01 (it ain't worth .02)

my kids, like every other LS bat they've ever tried since the old, old xenos, took a few swings and made a face

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
i don't have market share data, but anecdotally i see a LOT more ghost advanced swung then metas swung......maybe that's geographic, and it is certainly suspect data at best.......but i probably see more ghosts by a huge margin......probably 10-1......and i have known more than a few that have had issues with the meta, to the point of giving up on it

from my (flawed/limited) experiences, i see more people swinging the ghost & staying with the ghost even if they have had issues......while it seems i see a higher percentage of users have issues with the meta, and a high percentage of them move away from it

just my .01 (it ain't worth .02)

my kids, like every other LS bat they've ever tried since the old, old xenos, took a few swings and made a face
I wouldn't disagree with that at all. For a brief time early last year, we sold a lot of Meta X bats at the store. Since then, the LXT has outsold the Meta by a 5-1 margin. We even sell a lot more Xenos than Metas now.

Florida switched to LS from Demarini this year, and in watching their games this weekend, I saw many more LXT and Xenos than I did Metas. Could that be familiarity? Possibly. You have to think many of those players used one of those bats in their travel and HS days, whereas the Meta wasn't around yet.

But the baby rattle is very annoying. They need to do better.

Your opinion is worth way more than .02, Tim.

Daughter has a new ghost unlimited and an older Xeno (2019). Haven't had the ghost more than a month and something rattling inside after a few hitting sessions, sounds like a little pea or marble. Hasn't affected the performance of the bat, she said it still feels fine, just annoys me so much. I could hit rocks with that Xeno and feel like it would be fine. It has been solid. When I had her swing different bats, she actually didn't care for 2022 Xeno which surprised me since her go to was the Xeno previously and that bat supposedly hasn't changed. She liked the Rawlings Mantra plus but it had a lot of hand sting, even on hits you wouldn't think we're too bad. Oh well....spring is here.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Another thing people have to understand is bats have epoxy in them. You are not going to get around a possible
gluebee rolling around or sand on some bats. When they come thru the line, there could be excess epoxy applied around the endcap.
Now the wrapper comes off and is hit, that little excess gluebee breaks off and rolls around.
Thats why sometimes you even hear it on brand new bats with the wrapper on them.
The sand is the same way, as the bat is hit, it sheads from the composite. So you have "sand" now. There is obviously
nowhere for it to go. Nothing is wrong with the bat.

Sometimes you hope the gluebee gets jammed somewhere in the inner tech and stops moving :D

Glue or sand is kinda a thing you may have to deal with on any bat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478