LS Meta?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
My DD has used a Ghost for almost two years, and acts like there is no other bat. We went to Dicks the other day and she swung every 31/21 they had which was most top of the top of the line bats except the Demarini Whisper, really wished they would have had one for her to try. As she was swinging we started eliminating the one she liked the least. She ended up with a Ghost Adv and the Meta as the last two, and chose the Meta over the Ghost. Never had a Meta so I looked up some reviews and they are worse than the Ghost. That is why I was wondering when the new Meta was coming out. I guess there is always a chance that they got a lot o f the problems fixed by now and they are more reliable than when they first came out.

Oct 4, 2018
i don't have market share data, but anecdotally i see a LOT more ghost advanced swung then metas swung......maybe that's geographic, and it is certainly suspect data at best.......but i probably see more ghosts by a huge margin......probably 10-1......and i have known more than a few that have had issues with the meta, to the point of giving up on it

from my (flawed/limited) experiences, i see more people swinging the ghost & staying with the ghost even if they have had issues......while it seems i see a higher percentage of users have issues with the meta, and a high percentage of them move away from it

just my .01 (it ain't worth .02)

my kids, like every other LS bat they've ever tried since the old, old xenos, took a few swings and made a face

Yup.

Ours broke and we only use it randomly for BP. Several friends have broken theirs. One girl on our team just bought one and I probably didn't hide the look of "Oops, why did you do that?" on my face well enough.

I've never seen many Metas out in the wild and even fewer now. Ghosts are everywhere.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I always have said, you have to take sales into account. You have bat A that sells 500K bats...5% break, thats 25K bats...thats a lot
of bats, but its 5%.
Now you have bat B that sells 50K, but only 5K breaks...but guess what...thats 10%.

Nobody knows but the manufacturers..not any store or anybody else has these numbers no matter who states what on
any board. The manufacturer also doesnt call the store when a bat breaks either, so the store would have no clue how many
of their sales are warrantied. The numbers I just posted are complete and utter guesses as well...I have no clue. Just using for an example of percentages.

Dec 15, 2021
We are on our 6th, 7th, and 8th Meta's since 2021. Both of my daughters like the bat, but they develop rattles from the epoxy/glue coming lose at the end cap, but the more serious issues are when the internals let go and create very loud slapping sounds against the inside of the barrel. The umpires will remove them immediately. There is something inherently wrong with production of these bats. I have gotten warranty on all of them, but the replacements have developed many of the same issues. Its beyond frustrating and as much as I want to move away from LS, my girls love to swing them. My guess is we'll be going back to the Xeno.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2