Weighted Softballs for Pitchers? Good, Bad, or Useless

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
If that person doesnt know the difference between a weighted softball and a fishing sinker, I dont have an answer he will understand.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2013
I worked with my daughter over the summer on a routine that involved overweighted and underweighted balls, and long toss, three times a week. She's 16. She went back to her pitching coach today, first time since May. The coach was shocked to see that she had added 5mph to her fastball. 5mph over 4 months, I think, is more than you can just attribute to normal growth. I guess the problem is determining which elements had value and which didn't....

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Don't forget the possibility of improved self-awareness, catching up with her growth and unconsciously feeling how to whip the ball better.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I worked with my daughter over the summer on a routine that involved overweighted and underweighted balls, and long toss, three times a week. She's 16. She went back to her pitching coach today, first time since May. The coach was shocked to see that she had added 5mph to her fastball. 5mph over 4 months, I think, is more than you can just attribute to normal growth. I guess the problem is determining which elements had value and which didn't....

Could you outline what program worked for her? Just curious as there are alot of suggestions on how to go about this. (OK:rolleyes: love to have 3-5MPH more going into the spring for DD)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283