WCWS radar gun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2020
I can tell you the PR synced with Game Changer definitely does not. Balls in play show the pitch somewhere in a range of 60-110 LOL.

That explanation about the Stalker is interesting and something I had not read before.
Just my pocket radar experience, I'll sometimes get two readings. It will pick up the ball, then the batted ball or the throwback from the catcher. Pitch speeds are usually in one range, exit velos in another, and throwbacks in a third range so I know what is what. What I don't know is on a batted ball, is the radar reading the ball or bat barrel? I would think they are basically the same?
I have noticed that when looking at Perfect Game, the fastest pitch tends to be on a ball that was hit. Not sure why this is the case but consistent enough to not be a fluke either. Sometime by a few mph but have seen a few as high as 10 mph or more. I find it unlikely someone sitting at 55 mph all day all of a sudden throws a pitch at 60 or 65 mph. Some are probably just miss reads but I expect it might be picking up the batted ball or bat sometimes as well.

May 3, 2023
Boop there it is
Boop there it is...

Several years ago our 18+ team was playing in a tournament hosted by the Raybestos Brakettes.
During one game, in which we were not involved, Megan Good was pitching. She had the lowest ERA in D1 that year. Sitting in stands directly behind the catcher, I had her at 75 mph over more than 10 pitches.
The second pitcher for the Brakettes, in another game was at 70!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Super strong program! Hope she has an awesome 4 years. They put on a tournament camp every fall and record pitching metrics of every pitcher and it's interesting to see spin rates, speed, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl