Unreal:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
I showed 12 YO DD the video and her comment was that she liked the bow in the catcher’s hair. OK, so DD is more interested in some things than others.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
I showed 12 YO DD the video and her comment was that she liked the bow in the catcher’s hair. OK, so DD is more interested in some things than others.

DD and DW both chimed in with "cheerleader bow" when I showed the video.
DD also said "Catcher is supposed to protect her umpire." Weaver girl.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
This was way too funny not to pass up... not from me, got it off another site.

Too bad TCS didn't have someone like Lt. Kaffee to question Mel...

TCS: *Coach Mel, did you order the beaning?*
Mel: You want answers?
TCS: I think we're entitled to.
Mel: *You want answers?*
TCS: *We want the truth!*
Mel: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Mel: Son, we work in an industry that has egos, and those egos have to be protected by men with guts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Travis? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the umpire, and you curse the coaches. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That umpire's beaning, while tragic, probably saved egos. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves egos. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field, you need me on that field. We use words like honor, commitment, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching players. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who profits from the very teams that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I coach them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some players and coach a team. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

TCS: Did you order the beaning?
Mel: I did the job I...
TCS: *Did you order the beaning?*
Mel: *You're Go%#$mn right I did!*

Jul 17, 2012
This was way too funny not to pass up... not from me, got it off another site.

Too bad TCS didn't have someone like Lt. Kaffee to question Mel...

TCS: *Coach Mel, did you order the beaning?*
Mel: You want answers?
TCS: I think we're entitled to.
Mel: *You want answers?*
TCS: *We want the truth!*
Mel: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Mel: Son, we work in an industry that has egos, and those egos have to be protected by men with guts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Travis? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the umpire, and you curse the coaches. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That umpire's beaning, while tragic, probably saved egos. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves egos. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field, you need me on that field. We use words like honor, commitment, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching players. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who profits from the very teams that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I coach them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some players and coach a team. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

TCS: Did you order the beaning?
Mel: I did the job I...
TCS: *Did you order the beaning?*
Mel: *You're Go%#$mn right I did!*
That's hysterical!!!

Mar 26, 2013
It wasn't that team, maybe the coach. That roster has girls on it who are now sophomores in college.
That's the team as of 2 years ago - 2-3 of the 2015's are still on it. OILF posted the link to last year's team in PGF Nats with 5-6 players from the year before (and 5 players that were picked up just for it). I don't know of a current roster that is posted anywhere.

This is an example of a perpetual team (fairly common for 18G) that continues year after year by replacing the players they lost from the year before. Some of the major org's do the same thing with a 16U team.

Mar 15, 2013
I feel sick after watching this video (and reading some of the comments). I am not an ump but that pitch looked low and a legoit ball..but even if it was a beach ball strike down the middle, who cares? get over it! never resort to this despicable behavior. Its just a game, regardless of what anyone thinks the "stakes" are..:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle