Wilson A2k 1721 vs Wilson A2k David Wright

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2024
BTW, Robb, and now Joe, run a very good organization at Top Gun. My daughter had an offer from them two years ago, but she turned it down, which turned out to be a big mistake. Good luck to your daughter.
Thank you. Yes. Joe and Bob seem awesome. She will be on Joe’s team and is really looking forward to it. So much so she wants at least one glove to be in their colors :p.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@cankster, I swear I’m struggling putting something together with Navy, Orange & White! I’ve mocked up 7 or 8, I’m ashamed to show them off!

There’s just something in my blood that won’t let me use these colors that bleed and sun fade.

I’m an old school Tan/Tan/Tan guy with sometimes a Black thrown in the mix. Two things that’ll always be in one of my custom mock ups….Tan laces and Gray split welting, those two are a must for me!

Good luck, let’s see what you come up with.

Sep 10, 2024
@cankster, I swear I’m struggling putting something together with Navy, Orange & White! I’ve mocked up 7 or 8, I’m ashamed to show them off!

There’s just something in my blood that won’t let me use these colors that bleed and sun fade.

I’m an old school Tan/Tan/Tan guy with sometimes a Black thrown in the mix. Two things that’ll always be in one of my custom mock ups….Tan laces and Gray split welting, those two are a must for me!

Good luck, let’s see what you come up with.
Haha. Well thanks for the try. The snakeskin does not really fade and bleed which is one good thing for that material. I agree. We both like what we put together for the Wilson Top Gun glove but could not really get a similar result for the Rawlings 206. Did you like what we made for the HOH catchers mitt, its def more traditional?

Aug 24, 2024
Closest I could get to your Wilson custom…
65abd94d68acd715c1ccfbea38b97422.jpg

3858020d1d8f02c75a3e8fbd84e72a0d.jpg

d5afc70f3e7b568cbb8a4fd870c71114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2024
I did….but White laces and White binding on a catchers mitt is quickly going to become a mess!
Her Rawlings Liberty with all white basically, has held up well. Not as white as it was when new obviously but zero issue with how it looks now. Just looks white but used :). Has held up well, 2 years old.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2024
Hey @cankster, how big is your DD, and what size hands does she have? And does she wear her glove traditional or two-in-the-pinky (TIP)?
She is 5'4" with decent size hands for her height I think, she uses TIP. We were at the FSU Monday night camp tonight and I got to ask our amazing starting 3rd Jaysoni Beachum what she used and she uses a DW5, so that was interesting.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She is 5'4" with decent size hands for her height I think, she uses TIP. We were at the FSU Monday night camp tonight and I got to ask our amazing starting 3rd Jaysoni Beachum what she used and she uses a DW5, so that was interesting.
I was just going to mention to take a look at a 11.75” NP5, it’s actually my favorite Rawlings pattern. It more favors the traditional grip over TIP because of the single hinge heel. And, the hand stall is slightly larger than a Pro1000/206.

It’s an 11.75” that’s actually a touch larger than the a 12” 1000/206.IMG_2214.jpegIMG_2215.jpegIMG_2217.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym