Can't find the rules!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
If I had to have a rule within seconds, I might ask ChatGPT on my phone. It can tell you the actual section of the NFHS rulebook as well so you can confirm.

I am not sure I would take ChatGPT to home plate for an argument but if it can confirm my bias that is sometimes helpful.

"Hey Blue! ChatGpt said you were a dumbass!"

May 29, 2015
Is this worse than buying the new copy of the book each year?

I get a physical book sent to me each year, but I'm thinking of doing the digital version because looking something up on my phone might be quicker than searching the book, unless I already know where the rule is located.
IMO, yes it is much worse.

When I have a new physical copy each year, I can go back to see what rules were in the past.

The NFHS app does not allow you to keep old copies. You truly are renting it until the new one comes out, and then they take it away.

NOTE: Unless something has changed since the last time I looked at it.

May 29, 2015
Any idea where to find the USA version. Unfortunately I already rented the book from NFHS. I see it expires in May :(. But I may grab a physical copy so I can highlight and bookmark rules.
Mobile at the moment, but USA Softball should have a link on their site. If not, do a search for USA Softball (current year) rule book. They used to charge $15 for the physical and another $15 for their app version.

May 29, 2015
If I had to have a rule within seconds, I might ask ChatGPT on my phone. It can tell you the actual section of the NFHS rulebook as well so you can confirm.

I am not sure I would take ChatGPT to home plate for an argument but if it can confirm my bias that is sometimes helpful.

"Hey Blue! ChatGpt said you were a dumbass!"

I wouldn’t trust ChatGPT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym