unbelievable

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2009
I'm the main pitcher for my 14 & under team. We were playing a tough team. I was tired and couldn't last. Barely made 2 innings. I got pulled from the field and i started bawling. i felt like i left my team down. They threw our 2nd best pitcher who made big progress in that game alone. It comes to the last innning. the other team is winning by 7. With 2 outs we got 5 runs in. Bases loaded and i'm up to bat. I knew to make myself feel better there's no way i culd let the team down. 1st pitch, strike. 2nd pitch i swung. i thought i missed it but then I heard the bang of the ball on the bat. The way it felt, I hit a high pop up. "Great......" i thought. I ran to first and the coach is waving me on. Confused, I continue running towards 2nd. I see the ball barely go over the left fielder's glove. And i got a grand slam. And we won the game. I even made another mom cry. i was so proud of myself.

May 25, 2010
Congratulations! Glad you got the chance at redemption, even though I'm sure your team fully had your back, regardless of the outcome. ;)

Dec 15, 2009
AMY- i bought a catalyst x1 in the beginning of my 14 & under season.

and thanks everybody :) the people in my family aren't happy. My grandparents and my little brother went home early. And my aunt was at work. So it was just my parents who saw. But my grandpa usually video tapes me batting and he missed this one. So they are happy for me but are bummed out they dont get to see it. lol

May 7, 2008
Tucson
That is a very nice choice of bat and it is hard to find right now. I still use the yellow catty and I was hitting with it last year, when I felt it open up. I didn't know what people meant about breaking them in, until then.

Dec 15, 2009
haha thanks. i got it at the mall. it was a very tough decision between two bats. They both were the perfect weight and size and everything. the other bat had this beautiful blue, but i thought the handle was too skinny for my taste and i chose the catalyst x1. i'm so glad i chose it. when i brought it home that night my dad said it was too heavy for me. I didn't care. I was keeping it. The next day in a tournament I hit a triple with it. I went up to my dad and said "yea dad. you're right. It is too heavy. That shuld have been a home run" :) oh those fathers who think they always are right :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321