Rankings--

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Now there's scandal that Rotten Tomatoes pool of movie reviewers have been getting payments from a PR firm for better reviews. Everyone has a price.
Yeah things like that don't surprise me but for some reason a parent paying somebody to get their kid ranked higher in something that 99.9% of the population doesn't care about seems different..perhaps it shouldn't.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I realize that the experience my dd and our family went through is much different than what you are all doing now but there are things I don't understand. Back in the day, if you played for a decent organization that played in top-line tournaments, your dd was going to get seen. Depending upon her success, she would get on the radar for multiple colleges in that way. When my dd played for the first time at The Summit, she got a whole lot of attention and that was one tournament. Of course, that was dependent upon the teams that her team was playing.

As far as I know, there weren't any "rankings" back then. I really can't see too many of the coaches back in the day putting much credibility in those rankings. Instead, and I doubt that the system has changed, one coach sees a potential prospect and then gets another coach to go watch the prospect. The HC eventually makes it out to see those players who continue to impress the assistant coaches. If I were in some of your shoes, yes it would be nice for the dd to get the recognition but that recognition doesn't mean much when it comes to recruitment.

Nov 18, 2022
It was hidden in the music industry long enough. Cost someone their life in Nashville.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

It's a dang ranking- nobody is paying for that! We always took it with a grain of salt as we saw some who had their dad as a coach submitting and wen knew the skills did not come close to the ranking level. We assumed it was better relationship/ suck up who knows
Apparently now they are re releasing because so many were left off the original when they did away with ties- so does that mean anyone who is now added back in has a parent or coach that screamed the loudest- they had to know getting rid of ties would wash a ton out and cause an uproar. Why go back to the same old bloated crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yep, but if you've contributed by buying advertising or others do you want to be the parent who says I paid for my kid to be ranked? Also has there anyone who has been in the top rankings 50 or above who have dropped out?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Dropped out? Absolutely! I have the list of 2024 rankings from my daughter's organization. There were five girls ranked in 2021. Of those five, three dropped off the map, two committed to D2 schools, and the other disappeared from the US softball world. Two girls are still ranked, with the lowest-ranked girl committed to Texas Tech. One of the D2 players was ranked 28th as a catcher, but she can't throw out the trash now, let alone a baserunner. And yes, I can say that with 100% certainty since I watched her go 0-36 on stolen bases with 21 passed balls this past high school season.

Sep 1, 2021
Dropped out? Absolutely! I have the list of 2024 rankings from my daughter's organization. There were five girls ranked in 2021. Of those five, three dropped off the map, two committed to D2 schools, and the other disappeared from the US softball world. Two girls are still ranked, with the lowest-ranked girl committed to Texas Tech. One of the D2 players was ranked 28th as a catcher, but she can't throw out the trash now, let alone a baserunner. And yes, I can say that with 100% certainty since I watched her go 0-36 on stolen bases with 21 passed balls this past high school season.
AS HER FATHER - just kidding, but that would be kind of funny.

Apr 14, 2022
In men’s sports like basketball and football it seems to the rankings reflect who is recruiting the player. Our school had a linebacker go from 1-2 stars to solid 3 stars when he got a power 5 offer.
I wonder if OU offered someone off the list if they would move up?

Oct 4, 2018
It's a dang ranking- nobody is paying for that! We always took it with a grain of salt as we saw some who had their dad as a coach submitting and wen knew the skills did not come close to the ranking level. We assumed it was better relationship/ suck up who knows
Apparently now they are re releasing because so many were left off the original when they did away with ties- so does that mean anyone who is now added back in has a parent or coach that screamed the loudest- they had to know getting rid of ties would wash a ton out and cause an uproar. Why go back to the same old bloated crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bit off. They are re-releasing because of a spreadsheet sorting issue. And they haven't yet decided if they're eliminating ties yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad