Ucla vs az...Smith can't see

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Bottom of 5, one out, Palomino Cardozo up...Garcia strikes out batter with a bullet spin rise. Slow motion shows the ball logo spinning all the way to the plate.

Smith goes crazy talking about the backspin on the ball.

does she not have a monitor?

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
Bottom of 5, one out, Palomino Cardozo up...Garcia strikes out batter with a bullet spin rise. Slow motion shows the ball logo spinning all the way to the plate.

Smith goes crazy talking about the backspin on the ball.

does she not have a monitor?
If you have a pitcher, please mute the TV while watching the WCWS But on a good note I do tell my DD "it's ok to miss a spin" (when you throw 70)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
As per Sluggers I saw Show throw topspin and also a rollover curve, the curve got hammered. Outside of that most of the pitches seem to be variations on bullet spin. Juarez's change up curve was interesting, it wasn't thrown with the classic palm up style. At the last second, right before she released it, she flicked her fingers up so that ball came out with enough side to make it break. This action also kept the speed down. Interestingly enough several years ago I had a girl who threw this pitch, her former coach told her it was her riseball. She didn't know how she threw it and I had only a vague idea of how she was doing it. The pitch was very effective. Then, in the middle of the season she lost it. Since she and I were not clear on how she threw it we couldn't get it back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying