Trying to watch soccer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
All I can say it these players must have super human strength. They can slap a guys hand away and the guy winds up on the ground like he was hit by truck.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
These guys run almost non stop for 2 45 minute halfs. And the team has a total of 3 allowed substitutions including injury replacements. Yeah they flop sometimes but it's a grind of a game played by possibly the best conditioned athletes you will see in a team game.

Oct 19, 2009
DD and her friends played soccer when they were little and I went and watched the kids and enjoyed watching them.

Being they no longer play it bores me. I always think of all the sports going on and wonder why soccer is on TV? Baseball, car races, softball, basketball, paints drying anything but soccer.

They have a big rugby tournament just up the road and college teams come from all over the US and I enjoy it, I even think as a young man I would enjoy playing rugby. Just don’t get soccer they need to change the rules to make it more exciting.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Like many other DFPs here, I played lots of baseball as a youth and adult. I'd still play if I could, but it's so slow I can't stand to watch as a spectator. I can't watch soccer and I can't watch auto racing. Fastpitch has a higher tempo and I love to watch about any level. :)

Mar 26, 2013
The flops in basketball are typically to draw a charging call. Dwyane Wade and the ref should be embarrased for this one.
[video=youtube_share;KfG5ngdLx4E]http://youtu.be/KfG5ngdLx4E[/video]

It's even infiltrated hockey. Some players overreact to get a high sticking penalty called.

Flopping should be added as a new category for acting awards.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Just don’t get soccer they need to change the rules to make it more exciting.
For the most part I agree with you. But since it is the most popular sport in the world in terms of spectators and TV viewers I doubt FIFA is going to change anything based on us Yanks.

Nov 15, 2013
DD and her friends played soccer when they were little and I went and watched the kids and enjoyed watching them.

Being they no longer play it bores me. I always think of all the sports going on and wonder why soccer is on TV? Baseball, car races, softball, basketball, paints drying anything but soccer.

They have a big rugby tournament just up the road and college teams come from all over the US and I enjoy it, I even think as a young man I would enjoy playing rugby. Just don’t get soccer they need to change the rules to make it more exciting.

You lose a lot of credibility when you claim car racing is more exciting than soccer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44