Trying to watch soccer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Well, I have had it on for about 10 minutes and that is all I can stand. I can't really see much, the camera stays so far away. But, I do see men crash into each other and try to knock each other down. Wow. This is exciting.:confused:

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
i used to hate soccer with a passion. Then I watched a few matches with a friend from the Netherlands over a few pints and it was tolerable. WC though has grown on me like a fungus. Sad to say I actually stream the univision broadcast in the background at work.

Dec 7, 2011
Indoor soccer, to me, is awesome. Arena soccer even better.

Shrink down the field size and bring in wall rebounds - now yer talking a sport I can watch!

Mar 28, 2013
Last year our local pro soccer team during the playoffs best of three won the first game, lost the second game, won the third game but lost the playoff because of the size of the loss in game two.HUH??. I think if I need a metro sexual fix maybe Ill just get a mani pedi instead.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Watching soccer is painful. While the highlights on ESPN are great, watching a full match is as exciting as the pro bowlers tour.....here are my two suggestions to improve soccer - 1) get rid of the off sides penalties. This would open up the field and create a lot more breakaway goals. 2) no blood/no foul - the number of "flop" injuries in soccer is embarrassing. If a player is caught "flopping", the player who was called for the foul should be allowed a free kick to the "flopping" players scrotum.....

Nov 15, 2013
World Cup is awesome. Some Premier League is fun to watch. I'll take a pass on watching any other soccer though.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
i used to hate soccer with a passion. Then I watched a few matches with a friend from the Netherlands over a few pints and it was tolerable. WC though has grown on me like a fungus. Sad to say I actually stream the univision broadcast in the background at work.

Your friend is having a good day today.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Your friend is having a good day today.

No doubt. I think it was 20 years ago when we in a bar and he was explaining the offside trap.
Oddly we met playing softball, he'd never played before but my wife recruited a bunch of scientist friends for a co-ed slow pitch league when she was a grad student, a more motley crew of softball players (and I use the term lightly) may never have been assembled. We sure did suck but we had a lot of fun going for beers afterward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44