Try out season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
That's usually a petty coach who does that. My daughter's previous team removes everyone who leaves right away so they can't use their video or stats.
Not necessarily. I'm not saying you are wrong but it could be looked at like this.

If someone leaves their job does their former employer still let them keep their key to the building? Are they allowed to continue to log into the business' computer system? When you're gone, you're gone irrespective of whether you left on good terms or bad terms.

Jun 18, 2023
Not necessarily. I'm not saying you are wrong but it could be looked at like this.

If someone leaves their job does their former employer still let them keep their key to the building? Are they allowed to continue to log into the business' computer system? When you're gone, you're gone irrespective of whether you left on good terms or bad terms.

A writer who leaves a job still has rights to their work. They don't typically scrub the website of their name/posts.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
A a good writer would have saved all their work before leaving. Also, nothing is stopping people from hanging their own camera on the fence, getting their own highlights, or keeping their own stats.
And what are those stats actually used for? Do you show them to your new coach? Put them on social media? Why not screen shot them, before you leave if they are that important?

Apr 26, 2019
A writer who leaves a job still has rights to their work. They don't typically scrub the website of their name/posts.
Fairly certain a player who leaves a team still has their stats on the team gamechanger, someone please correct me if I am wrong. It is just the girl who leaves doesn't have access to them anymore. Same as the writer who leaves a paper/website/whatever doesn't have access to the company computer system but their work is still posted.

And, as others have stated, if you know you are leaving, download videos and screenshot stats. My daughter downloads all her at bats, good and bad. And I don't know what people do with the stats, personally but maybe some do want to show a coach. That said, I've read/been told college coaches typically aren't interested in game changer stats. But, I could be mistaken.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Fairly certain a player who leaves a team still has their stats on the team gamechanger, someone please correct me if I am wrong.
That is incorrect. When a player is removed from a team, their stats no longer show up anywhere. However, their names and stats show up in the individual games in the box score. This is true for the player and the admins.

Our plan was to download everything as soon as she left. Since it was the off season, we figured no one was looking anyway. We were wrong. The petty big boss man deleted her within 30 minutes of her email to him stating she was leaving. And without being on the roster, she could no longer view team videos of any kind.

Apr 26, 2019
That is incorrect. When a player is removed from a team, their stats no longer show up anywhere. However, their names and stats show up in the individual games in the box score. This is true for the player and the admins.

Our plan was to download everything as soon as she left. Since it was the off season, we figured no one was looking anyway. We were wrong. The petty big boss man deleted her within 30 minutes of her email to him stating she was leaving. And without being on the roster, she could no longer view team videos of any kind.
Thank you for the correction.

Jan 20, 2023
Lesson learned- we will download in the future. Or just not tell the coach we’re leaving so soon - cause when the team got to 10 (with a guest) he stopped deleting kids. I thought I was being courteous letting him know before tryouts that we were not coming back- but in this sport that seems to bite you in the butt.
I like to look at pitching stats over time and to see how some of them are trending over time- why I look at the stats- so when she’s stuck in the mud I can say- but look how far you’ve come in two years!
I consider it a decision reinforcing action anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968