Try out season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Now that PGF and Alliance have concluded, who is excited about Tryout season? Did anyone "hissy quit" their team this summer? Anyone doing private sessions before the official tryout? Who got offers already? Who is scrambling?

DD's didn't have to tryout for last (forever) team. She was a freshman on the 16U team and the 18U HC wanted to see my DD workout with the big girls before they went to NY for the TCS Nat's. Then that was it! We were about to leave the program.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Technically, PGF and Alliance are still going on this week for the 12U and 14U girls.

There will be no more tryouts for my girls, as both are in college now. One committed a few weeks ago after thinking she would be a 2025 due to an injury, but the offers came in somewhat unexpectedly. She leaves for Mississippi in less than a month, so that's a bit scary.

My daughter's previous team lost eight players, including her, since last summer's tryouts. She left after the fall season concluded, along with two others, but five more left during the season. That tells me more about the coach and organization than it does the players.

I will miss travel ball, but I look forward to what college holds.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023
MN
More like anxious/nervous. 😰 We won't get anything from our current club until Wednesday. We expect that our daughter will be asked back but it's never a guarantee, as we learned last year.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Technically, PGF and Alliance are still going on this week for the 12U and 14U girls.

There will be no more tryouts for my girls, as both are in college now. One committed a few weeks ago after thinking she would be a 2025 due to an injury, but the offers came in somewhat unexpectedly. She leaves for Mississippi in less than a month, so that's a bit scary.

My daughter's previous team lost eight players, including her, since last summer's tryouts. She left after the fall season concluded, along with two others, but five more left during the season. That tells me more about the coach and organization than it does the players.

Oops. I tend to forgot about the12u/14u groups. Mississippi!---that's a long way from home!

Jun 29, 2023
My kid hasn't really tried out for years and that being said, I hate this time of year. I know too many parents and coaches who are stressed af.

Oct 14, 2019

What's scary? Her leaving or Mississippi?

Jan 20, 2023
It's the time of year when you see in GroupMe that "Mr. and Mrs. X have left the group."

We got removed from the Game Changer team after playing and finishing the season with the team. So now we can’t see stats or videos. Is that normal? I’ve never had it happen before. My daughter will be playing for a new team this year. TeamSnap I expected removal on.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Oops. I tend to forgot about the12u/14u groups. Mississippi!---that's a long way from home!
The scary parts are being so far away. It's a plane ride away, as the drive is 1,300 miles. It also happened very quickly. We had settled on the fact she was taking a gap year until the Atlanta Legacy showcase.

Thankfully, my older daughter is commuting this fall, so I get a stay of execution from spending all the time alone with my wife. We also got a dog about a year and half ago, so she'll help keep us occupied.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968