Trick Plays Again....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
With no outs and first base open, a batter with two strikes and one ball sees the next pitch bounce on the ground 8 feet in front of home plate. She intentionally swings for strike three, taking advantage of the dropped third strike rule, and takes off for first.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
This thread reminds me of a play my sister's 14u team used about 12 years to get the win to go to nationals the first time.

The Barking Dog.

Runners on 1st and 3rd. The runner on 1st goes to steal 2nd and midway between the bases got now on all fours and started barking like a dog. It distracted the pitcher/catcher enough to make a play on her and let the winning run score from 3rd.

I wasn't there personally but my dad and sister still talk about that play and how they can't believe it worked.

By the way, the runner going to 2nd was only supposed to start barking as she went to 2nd. She got down on all her hands and feet on her own.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
This thread reminds me of a play my sister's 14u team used about 12 years to get the win to go to nationals the first time.

The Barking Dog.

Runners on 1st and 3rd. The runner on 1st goes to steal 2nd and midway between the bases got now on all fours and started barking like a dog. It distracted the pitcher/catcher enough to make a play on her and let the winning run score from 3rd.

I wasn't there personally but my dad and sister still talk about that play and how they can't believe it worked.

By the way, the runner going to 2nd was only supposed to start barking as she went to 2nd. She got down on all her hands and feet on her own.

Kind of along the same lines. This was a play in HS BB, 1st & 3rd, the runner takes off for 2nd and "trips" halfway between the bases. As soon as the catcher releases the ball runner on 3rd goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl