Today's new low in starting a travel team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
come on abroad lol

Definition of abroad (adv)

Bing Dictionary
a·broad
[ ə bráwd ]

1.away from your own country: in or to another country or other countries

Jun 29, 2013
When I read the linked post I assumed it was from someone from another country here for a tournament, until I saw the part about wanting more players to try out. SMH

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
It's ok.. there is a college team that totally misspells their team name and have made up some BS to cover the fact ('locals spell it that way' I believe is their current justification which is actually not true.

I'll give you a clue for this one:
Spell the word you would use to describe a breed of 'race horse' or sometimes any kind of 'purebred' horse.

The word has a somewhat unusual spelling for USA English, but because of the base words, there is only one acceptable way to spell it... which the college doesn't use.

... and no I won't post my local example. People locally know who I am on this board even if most of them are just lurkers and I am not burning any bridges unnecessarily

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
How can someone be so clueless to not catch the misspelling ?

washington-natinals.jpg

to which I say

moran.jpg

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
It's ok.. there is a college team that totally misspells their team name and have made up some BS to cover the fact ('locals spell it that way' I believe is their current justification which is actually not true.

I'll give you a clue for this one:
Spell the word you would use to describe a breed of 'race horse' or sometimes any kind of 'purebred' horse.

The word has a somewhat unusual spelling for USA English, but because of the base words, there is only one acceptable way to spell it... which the college doesn't use.

... and no I won't post my local example. People locally know who I am on this board even if most of them are just lurkers and I am not burning any bridges unnecessarily

Do I submit my answer to Will Shortz?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2013
One of the funnest things I have seen in awhile was a psycho softball dad starting a new 12U team and he posted an ad on our local message board looking for a pitcher and in the ad he stated "must throw 55 MPH or faster".....as if 55+ MPH 12U pitchers grow on trees! LOL

And you know there was some crazy pitcher's parent that took a mid 40's pitcher over to them swearing she throws close to 60. Match made in heaven.

Mar 21, 2013
We had a 10U coach try to pawn a pitcher off on us this past fall. He said he had too many pitchers. She was going to be his number 4 and he felt bad that she wasn't going to get any circle time. When asked how she threw he said she threw 52MPH, had 5 pitches and threw strikes. REALLY, and she's your number 4?.

Anybody out there that would get rid of a pitcher with these creds in the 10U division? You can probably figure out how this tryout went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom