Today's new low in starting a travel team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We already have too many teams in our region as we are saddled with many, many ego-dads that take their DD and 2 friends DD's and starts up yet another sucky team with too few players to further dilute the local teams.

But yesterday, one of the ego-dads posted tryouts for his newly formed team... and MISSPELLED the team's name...

And not just on the tryout post, but also he has a team website and photos of him and his DD in their brand new sublim uniforms with the misspelled word in HUGE letters next to one of those huge fan shaped banners for the team....

And a custom pop up tent cover also covered in this brand new team's name.

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry.

(and I also received a personal invite to bring my DD out to tryouts... I think I will pass)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One of the funnest things I have seen in awhile was a psycho softball dad starting a new 12U team and he posted an ad on our local message board looking for a pitcher and in the ad he stated "must throw 55 MPH or faster".....as if 55+ MPH 12U pitchers grow on trees! LOL

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
And not just on the tryout post, but also he has a team website and photos of him and his DD in their brand new sublim uniforms with the misspelled word in HUGE letters next to one of those huge fan shaped banners for the team...

Is it politically incorrect to post a link the website referenced in the post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom