To Warrior Mike and Everyone Else South and West...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Aloha to my bro's that battled some humongous waves. They showed surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, it's no hobby.

extralarge.jpg

Those waves looked tasty. I wish I was with you - looking at a wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!"

Mar 26, 2013
I forgot to mention the picture in the previous post was taken in the northeast.

I guess winter is over here - an ice cream truck just drove by! lol

Apr 11, 2012
I forgot to mention the picture in the previous post was taken in the northeast.

I guess winter is over here - an ice cream truck just drove by! lol

I really hate you.....jk......cold in KC today but 50's tomorrow, then a chance of snow Wednesday, then back in the 50's for the next week or so....but I doubt the "ding-ding" man will come by....plus it's KCMO, they just rob him anyway.....

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
OK, now we're getting, or rather avoiding, round 2.

We only got about 7 or 8" here for round 2. I gather Chicago got 18", Boston got whomped hard enough to delay the Super Bowl parade.

The cold front might make things tricky. Below or at 0 in the mornings the past couple of days, expecting double digits below 0 later in the week.

I was really touched. DD #1 wrote out instructions on how to keep our dog from getting too cold, and taped them to the kitchen door. Not sure if it's necessary, since our dog is a Siberian Husky. OTOH, I've heard stories about Huskies getting frostbite when the weather suddenly dips. Going from highs in the 30s and 40s to below 0 lows could be difficult for any breed.

Nice to see DD #1 showing responsibility and consideration, though.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
We got an inch or two out of Stormageddon, then 8" out of light flurries. More "light snow" predicted for today. We shall see how that goes. I sent to text to DD #1 to make sure she drive safely so she and DD #2 get home safely. So, DD #1 sends back a text thanking me, but pointing out I mistakenly wrote "si tu plais" instead of "s'il tu plais".

This winter all the nasty storms seem to miss Madison and whomp Chicago. Weird how that works. About a decade ago there were several winters when Chicago and the Twin Cities got hit all winter, but Madison only wound up with a couple of feet the entire winter. Then, a few years later, there was a winter when Chicago and the Twin Cities only got a couple fo feet the whole winter, but Madison wound up with 101" for the winter. Seriously, it seemed like every storm that winter headed straight for Madison, dumped all the snow right on top of us, then fizzled out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom