Ticket punched to Normal, IL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
we got our berth two weekends ago on the road in a qualifier in Wichita....those berths are not easy to get....we had our choice of the 16U ASA Nationals in Sunnyvale, CA (San Jose, CA) or the ASA 16U Hall of Fame tournament in Oklahoma City, OK.....we took the Cali trip....need to book a flight as a matter of fact.

Nov 14, 2011
We were told that the location that we wanted to play Nationals at this year wasn't an option (per the ASA commish). We were told that we couldn't play in Tennessee and had to play in Bismark, North Dakota. So we chose to change all of our ASA tournaments to USSSA and NSA instead. Nobody wanted to drive to Bismark. So we qualified for USSSA and will be playing in Kansas City next month instead.

Congrats on qualifying!

Sep 18, 2011
Great news, JAD. Congratulations!! Hard to believe that that was your last shot - our season has literally just begun (high school season just ended). We have not even had a full team practice yet!! Anyway, now we can really enjoy the ASA Hall of Fame tournament in OKC this weekend wihout having the stress of trying to qualify. Hoping it will be a great experience for DD and her teammates. And i guess I'll be seeing JAD in Normal. Anyone else??

As for our team, we went 3-2 at ASA nationals last year (our losses were to teams that finished 6th and 4th), but I don't know that we have a set goal for this year. it's all about matchups. You could have a great team and still get sent home early. Just hope that the girls play well. Last year's experience should help, and this weekend in OKC should also be tremendous preparation.

Mar 11, 2009
29dad thanks for update, hope your team is the one others lose to and say one of our losses was to a team that finished in the top five or better!

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Just found this thread while digging through older posts( rainy Texas days don't come often)
We will be there Hope to say hello Maybe even see some of you at a warm up game..

Sep 18, 2011
Good luck to all. I am looking forward to Normal, especially since I've missed so much of dd's season (ds plays travel baseball - been a loing summer). Seems like DD's team is peaking but that's against local teams. i know it will be different at nationals. Good luck to all and if you are heading to Normal and want to exchange information, send me a pm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz