Team Manager - Scoring/Streaming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
This season DDs team is going to be scoring with Team Manager and trying to live stream the games there as well. I do the actual scoring - but this is the first time I'll be scoring with TM - I've only used GC. But my question is that when you go to a game - it has Score game and Go Live - I assume I will just use the Score Game - the coach says she has stuff linked up so I assume they would be the ones to use Go Live?

Also I read somewhere that people could not view the videos after the games unless they were admin. I know I've looked at other teams and have been able to view their videos - is that not an issue anymore?

Thanks!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I use TM, also, but don't use the "go live" (video) feature. I prefer to livestream video separately to the team FB page, primarily for later access by people who don't have a TM/GC account (college coaches, family, etc.). As far as scoring goes, TM is no different than what you have done in GC.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Last season they just streamed to twitch but I think they did want to use the streaming option from TM or to at least test it out. Our first showcase is this weekend so this will be a trial run I guess.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Also not related to the streaming.
I put in all of the games for this weekend and used the team search to find the teams so all of that was added. But when I go to Opponents it only has 3 of the teams listed. I'm worried the rosters won't be there when I go to score those games. I've never had that issue with GC.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Also not related to the streaming.
I put in all of the games for this weekend and used the team search to find the teams so all of that was added. But when I go to Opponents it only has 3 of the teams listed. I'm worried the rosters won't be there when I go to score those games. I've never had that issue with GC.

Just like GC, the team will only be listed and have their roster available if the team is also using TM, and has input that information. It's not uncommon for me to be adding players for opposing teams as they come up to the plate the first time.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Just like GC, the team will only be listed and have their roster available if the team is also using TM, and has input that information. It's not uncommon for me to be adding players for opposing teams as they come up to the plate the first time.
I do see them in TM when I search for them. Sorry for all the questions - I wish TM had a better web interface like GC.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I work for GC so can answer your questions:

First- yes, you will tap 'score game'. This will bring you to the same scoring interface that you used for GC Classic. The other admin who is streaming the game will tap "go live" and they will stream the game. Your scoring will link up with their streaming and produce the scoring overlay and box score/plays onto the streaming interface.

Second, the archived games are available to the team community as well--not just the coaches. While the live streaming is free for all to view, a subscription is needed by the fans of the team to view the archived games.

Third, we have a team dedicated towards building out our web interface. Right now, it is only for team admins, but we are working hard on new features and should see some big improvements on the web soon.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Do you know the answer to why it's only show a few of the Opponents. When I added the games on the web interface, it showed the teams with a roster but now 2 of the teams do not show in the app under the Opponents section. And I can search for them.
Actually when you search for teams via the web interface is it giving you GC teams as well? Is that why they don't show up in my list - will the roster still be there when I score the game?

Thank you for answering!!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
One thing I would suggest if you plan on exporting a lot of streamed games. I highly recommend streaming with one device and recording with a second. If the signal is reduced on the stream, you won't get a quality video to download. This isn't a limitation of GC, but rather a limitation of streaming live video (specifically in areas where 100's of other people are connected to the carrier towers). By always having a dedicated recording camera, you can setup the the shot that works well for recording and the streaming shot that is better suited for stream (usually an up tight as the resolution will most likely be lower.).

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
One thing I would suggest if you plan on exporting a lot of streamed games. I highly recommend streaming with one device and recording with a second. If the signal is reduced on the stream, you won't get a quality video to download. This isn't a limitation of GC, but rather a limitation of streaming live video (specifically in areas where 100's of other people are connected to the carrier towers). By always having a dedicated recording camera, you can setup the the shot that works well for recording and the streaming shot that is better suited for stream (usually an up tight as the resolution will most likely be lower.).
Do most people typically use a GoPro to record the games?