Gamechanger Issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
Anyone else experiencing issues with Gamechanger in the last few weeks. Seemingly randomly I am getting truncated information while following a game live or looking at a box score of a completed game etc... Picture below.is an example of a truncated box score. I would estimate this is happening on close to half of the games I try to look at. Interestingly watch video streams works fine.

Screenshot_20230726-170608.png

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
FWIW…I am on GC all the time (score keeping, livestreaming, doom scrolling through other teams, etc.) and have not experienced this issue.

Jul 28, 2019
I did have an issue with GC shutting down/off while I was stalking, er scouting another team earlier tonight. It was telling me to clear my GC cache. (I just tried it again with the same team and it closed GC before I could see any results. Maybe they're on to me. This isn't happening with any other team.)

Nov 5, 2014
FWIW…I am on GC all the time (score keeping, livestreaming, doom scrolling through other teams, etc.) and have not experienced this issue.
Thanks. That helps since it confirms it is probably my issue and not on GC end. The strange thing is I use GC a lot, like way too much for the last 8 years and never had an issue until a couple of weeks ago.

Oct 14, 2020
I did start having the same issue last weekend. Haven't really seen it this weekend yet but you're not the only one.

Nov 5, 2014
I did start having the same issue last weekend. Haven't really seen it this weekend yet but you're not the only one.
Based on a previous comment I tried to clear.the cache and it worked! The issue happened again after about an hour but clearing the cache again fixed it so I would suggest giving that a try.

May 29, 2015
Isn't GameChanger all about clearing out your cash? ;)

Seriously though, I know nothing about GC. A couple of weeks ago a 1B coach stopped on his way back to the dugout and asked me how I was doing with the parents behind the backstop. I told him I hadn't heard anything, but I don't pay attention until something catches my ears. I then asked him why. He said his wife was texting him all the crazy shirt she was hearing from them on the GC feed.

That got me to wondering ... can I go back and watch games I umpired? What would that cost?

One of the biggest things we umpires face from a training deficit perspective is being able to go back and critique our own performance. Some guys I work with and I have been discussing this, particularly since a couple of the complexes I have been working have the RealPlay system. We've been casually trying to figure out how to convince them to give us access to game films.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
That got me to wondering ... can I go back and watch games I umpired? What would that cost?

To watch archived feeds it would be 75. Whether you could see enough to be helpful is a different story.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022

To watch archived feeds it would be 75. Whether you could see enough to be helpful is a different story.
I believe teams can designate who can watch the recordings. You would need the subscription to watch previous games, but you'd also need to be designated as a "family member" of a player if the team set it up for only "family member" viewing.

On a side note: @The Man In Blue, I recently saw an umpire with a camera mounted on his hat to record all his games so he could review the calls later. :)

Jul 18, 2022
Anyone else experiencing issues with Gamechanger in the last few weeks. Seemingly randomly I am getting truncated information while following a game live or looking at a box score of a completed game etc... Picture below.is an example of a truncated box score. I would estimate this is happening on close to half of the games I try to look at. Interestingly watch video streams works fine.
Yes, I've had this issue (so have others) on numerous occasions with GC. I think it's on their side as it appears to be only during high-traffic times (e.g. large tournament weekends). It was definitely an issue while PGF and Alliance were both going on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad