TB parents, need a list! Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2009
We plan to purchase one of those propane portable heaters for February, November and December. A friend of mine had one this past season and we used it a few times.

Be careful with the portable propane heater! We had a Mom catch her polyester wind pants on fire with one of those.Thank God she was not hurt. True story. After that she was referred to as the "Hot Mom". There were a lot of references to Alicia Keyes song as well as a few others. LOL! Good thing she was such a good sport.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2012
NJ
10x10 popup tent. I like to buy the ones that have wheels on the bag. We use DD's ankle weights on the legs to help hold the legs down. When we buy the tent I spray paint the metal stakes bright orange so I can see them if droped or the tent falls over in the wind.

2 8x10 tarps. One for dugout if needed. One for ground on wet days. Bungee cords or zipp ties to hold tarp.

Good folding chairs. One of these days I am going to buy the ones with the built in sun shade but I just haven't done it yet. Right now I just use my umbrella from my golf bag and lean it against the back of the chair and lean on it and it works good. I figure I should use it cause I havn't played golf in years.

DD uses a small 1/2 gallon water cooled for games. It has her number on it and now is her lucky cooler. We just refill it between games. The great thing about this is the 1/2 full water bottles in DD's bag has cut down by half.

We have a med. sized coleman cooler that has wheels and side pockets that is the "drag around" cooler. It has drinks, snacks, powered drinks coffee creamer. For this cooled we put in a bunch of gell ice packs and hard ice packs. You can never have enough ice packs. It has side pockets that hold a small med kit, extra mouth guard, extra frogg togg, hand warmers and zip lock bag full of the things that might come up during the day. We try to keep this cooler DRY inside by using gel packs so we can put the tarps and an extra blanket inside cooler when going to the field.

In the truck we have a large cooler that has lunch, more drinks, ice.

We also have a backpack that you could call the "Softball Bugout Bag." It has all kinds of stuff. Shoelaces, old cleats, glove repair kit, extra large first aid kit, cheap rain ponchos, extra stakes for the tent, all kinds of things.

For colder weather we make sure we bring extra coats and blankets and thermos full of coffee for dad and two for DD and DW that are full of hot coco.

Extra socks.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
My new toy for this year is a solar powered charger for my phone and for my kindle. This will hopefully eliminate my wandering around trying to secure a spot next to one of the light poles with an outlet.

I second the glove repair kit. I fixed DD's glove with my shoelace once last year in an emergency. (her emergency back-up glove was in the garage at home....!) A brief synopsis of the events:

Me: driving to the game (DD is already there), which is 1 hour from home. I am 10 minutes from the field, it is 15 minutes to game time, I'm feeling at peace with the world and congratulating myself for having a daughter who is involved in a healthy activity, my phone rings.
DD: "Mom, can you stop at home and get my other glove? My lace just broke!"
Me: (panic quickly edging out my feelings of peace) "I am 10 minutes away from the field"
DD: "Yeah sorry about that but can you just run home and get my other glove?"
(???????)
Me: (trying to sound calm) "I am almost an hour away from home. I'll be at your field in five minutes" (arrive at field, park the car, sprint to the dugout, rip the shoelace out of my sneaker, lace up glove, DD happily trots out to CF, seemingly oblivious to the heroic act of motherhood that I just performed)

Have a fun spring! A 10U and 12U should keep the OP hopping!

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
Another conversation:

Dad "Is everything in your bag?"
DD (eye roll)
Dad "Please check. Remember when you left one cleat in your room?"
DD "OK" (huff-puff) "Yes, everything is in in the bag."
Dad "Good. And everything is in the trunk?"
DD "YES!" (strains eye rolling muscles)

At this point you go to the car and check that the bag is in the trunk and everything is in the bag. Retrieve missing items from wherever they have been strewn. Repeat as needed from age 5 to 18.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Another conversation:

Dad "Is everything in your bag?"
DD (eye roll)
Dad "Please check. Remember when you left one cleat in your room?"
DD "OK" (huff-puff) "Yes, everything is in in the bag."
Dad "Good. And everything is in the trunk?"
DD "YES!" (strains eye rolling muscles)

At this point you go to the car and check that the bag is in the trunk and everything is in the bag. Retrieve missing items from wherever they have been strewn. Repeat as needed from age 5 to 18.

1/2 way to tournament...driving relaxed down highway, drinking coffee....This was OUR conversation...

DD: "You grabbed my bag, right?"

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
IMG_6166.jpg

https://www.arkportablepower.com/

Dec 11, 2010
Guero Gordo, please don't forget to develop a basketball version of that product that works on bleachers!

We just got done with a long basketball season. It was a good season but long because of one parent, one aunt and one Uncle Fester of two very Special athletes" who we as a team were "very lucky to have".

I will immediately take four of those in red and black and will need a gift receipt. (The three will go directly to the above family, one will be used on an as needed basis for any parent just having a bad night.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma