Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
For Jdint

9vmC8hW.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
compare to the softball hitter. Much different core actions. Soto controls his shift. holds his launch, until ready, doesn’t bleed it.. using your terms 🙂

My apologies. My advanced age must be causing issues with my memory. Please remind me who thought the softball player had an ideal movement pattern. Thank you.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
My apologies. My advanced age must be causing issues with my memory. Please remind me who thought the softball player had an ideal movement pattern. Thank you.

I dunno. Just trying to show the difference, so a light might turn on for Shawn or someone else. Ties into the FYB pattern.

May 21, 2018
For Jdint

9vmC8hW.gif
Right. Tips the barrel, "un-tips" the barrel placing his elbow in the slot with his hands right in front of his shoulders and lead forearm up. Turning the triangle as I described it to my DD. Are we agreeing or disagreeing?

May 12, 2016
Unfortunately this is the spot we typically get to. Several posters attempt to explain what we view as the ideal "barrel path". You and others either cant see it, see it and claim you dont, or dont even try. Then you and others point out what you consider to be the ideal "hand path" and seem baffled that no one seems to have any issue with that, as long as said hand path results in the barrel path that we tried to explain previously.

The really strange part of all of this is that you created a clip yourself that perfectly illustrates exactly what we are saying yet you still dont see it. From my viewpoint it was almost as if you created that clip just for us it was so perfect.
I've explained the way I see it several times... Shawn see's it different, which is why I said "Whatever you say". There's nothing unfortunate about it, unless you want us to argue LOL.

Hitters have un-tipped for ages, some do the opposite let the barrel lie across their shoulders (Brett) and depending on pitch location they make an opposite move(compared to Valddy). If you classify this as TTB(or whatever you want to call it), fine, have at it. I see Vladdy moving out with his front foot still in the air, reading the pitch and getting ready to attack.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've explained the way I see it several times... Shawn see's it different, which is why I said "Whatever you say". There's nothing unfortunate about it, unless you want us to argue LOL.

Hitters have un-tipped for ages, some do the opposite let the barrel lie across their shoulders (Brett) and depending on pitch location they make an opposite move(compared to Valddy). If you classify this as TTB(or whatever you want to call it), fine, have at it. I see Vladdy moving out with his front foot still in the air, reading the pitch and getting ready to attack.

I'm trying my best to work with you to find a common ground. Much of what you say aligns with what I say. We just use different words/terminology to describe it.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Right. Tips the barrel, "un-tips" the barrel placing his elbow in the slot with his hands right in front of his shoulders and lead forearm up. Turning the triangle as I described it to my DD. Are we agreeing or disagreeing?

Sorry, I thought you would be interested in the lack of the barrel being turned on the take.

9vmC8hW.gif

May 12, 2016
I'm trying my best to work with you to find a common ground. Much of what you say aligns with what I say. We just use different words/terminology to describe it. Sorry if that offends you.
Do you believe the swing is launched while the front foot is still in the air during the forward move? Shawn and I are universes apart

Reactions: TDS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06