Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
FYB, is absolutely real if you understand the mechanical advantage of leveraging all available resources.. We have been through this but learn how to get into a leveraged hitting position before swinging the bat.

AlalH0c.png

Try turning on an inside pitch if this is your launch position.

QzqT3ZX.gif

Ted was correct here and it sounds like your describing Ty Cobb's movement.

jknTyMu.png

It’s a position you pass through. Not the same as the launch position.

Enlighten me why the softball hitter can’t hit an inside pitch.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Connect the dots already (Pros speaking down to) !! Folks during the un-tip they aren't purposefully looping (or turning) the barrel to get behind the ball... The barrel is simply floating while seeking fyb.. Once established they are swinging "down to" and trying to remove any loop.

Jvn2raS.gif

JztfOzz.gif

FT4Qktc.gif

IHNUHYI.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It’s a position you pass through. Not the same as the launch position.

Enlighten me why the softball can’t hit an inside pitch.

Shawn step in the box and attempt it from what ever position you're calling this..

QzqT3ZX.gif

Or Donaldsons supposed to be launch position.

cFnROQQ.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
FYB, first post. Well second post, lol.

Yep look at all those hitters posted in a fyb hitting position, and quit trying to do it the way your mentor shows here.

0Me68ct.gif

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

Correct me if I am wrong. You yourself have stated that you do not need to have both feet on the ground in order to be leveraged. I believe you added the qualifier that it would be "ideal, but not necessary" or something similar to that. Am I quoting you incorrectly, or have you changed your mind about that statement? When I created the clip above, I never stated that it was the ideal launch position.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478