Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry, I thought you would be interested in the lack of the barrel being turned on the take.

9vmC8hW.gif

It is being turned. Or at least he starts to turn it before he stops.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Do you believe the swing is launched while the front foot is still in the air during the forward move?

Well... Can it be launched while the front foot is in the air? Not ideally, but yes it can be. During the forward move? No, the forward move is complete by that point, except for weight transfer. The hitter could be at toe touch, beyond toe touch, or even slightly before toe touch. My personal preference is to have both feet on the ground as long as the front foot is not carrying more than 1/2 the weight at the point of launch.

I asked Tom a similar question earlier today and I am still waiting for him to answer. I seem to remember him stating previously that the front foot does not have to be on the ground in order to be leveraged. If I remember correctly he did state that it would be on the ground ideally, but didn't have to be. I asked him to correct me if I was quoting him incorrectly. If my memory of his quote is accurate, him and I are on the same page regarding that part of the process.

Jun 8, 2016
I seem to remember him stating previously that the front foot does not have to be on the ground in order to be leveraged. If I remember correctly he did state that it would be on the ground ideally
Considering the actual definition of leveraged, I don't think these two sentences jive with each other :p

Jun 8, 2016
This. I've been pondering this for awhile. What would you be leveraged against if your foot is in the air?
Well that and the definition of leveraged is "to use to maximum advantage" ;)
That said they are just words..people use weight shift all the time and that makes no sense either as the only way that could
happen (if you associate shift with change..) is if you ate a dozen donuts while striding.. :LOL:

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Well... Can it be launched while the front foot is in the air? Not ideally, but yes it can be. During the forward move? No, the forward move is complete by that point, except for weight transfer. The hitter could be at toe touch, beyond toe touch, or even slightly before toe touch. My personal preference is to have both feet on the ground as long as the front foot is not carrying more than 1/2 the weight at the point of launch.

I asked Tom a similar question earlier today and I am still waiting for him to answer. I seem to remember him stating previously that the front foot does not have to be on the ground in order to be leveraged. If I remember correctly he did stated that it would be on the ground ideally, but didn't have to be. I asked him to correct me if I was quoting him incorrectly. If my memory of his quote is accurate, him and I are on the same page regarding that part of the process.
Do you believe he has already launched here?
gif (59).gif

Attachments

• gif (55).gif
    gif (55).gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 4

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet