Summetime its Friday Check in 6-5-15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
This weekend our organization hosts our 12U and 14U tourney, The Lancaster Coca-Cola. There are going to be 30 teams in the park this weekend. What a zoo! LOL

Great weather on tap and my team finally got a good draw! (I have always had awful draws at my own tournament, believe it or not)

Looking forward to seeing Corlay and his DD as their team makes the trek from mid-state up to Western New York...CP

May 6, 2012
Texas
Well we had a nice little one day tournament set up but I am down two pitchers one due to back injury and another one due to graduation (not happy about either) So have a Sunday full of softball practice and a Saturday full of Honey-do's

May 22, 2012
Our second of four "Divide and conquer" weekends. 10u in southern Nebraska, 12u in east central NE.

Actually don't have to divide that much on Saturday. 10u pool games in the morning, 12u has one pool game Friday night and the next two Saturday evening.

Somewhere in the middle we have a girl scout awards ceremony to attend. We'll be doing some driving back and fourth, but we should be able to see all the pool games as a family.

Sunday is anybody's guess.

Divide and conquer here too. One in RI, one in MA for all stars, practice and dare I say it a soccer game.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
Week 6 of 8 weeks in a row at a ballpark in Middle TN. I have found a new chicken salad that is making the cooler food at least enjoyable. We need to win something! Errors at wrong times are killing our new team and preventing a deep run in bracket play. Girls are still very positive and are absolutely loving playing together.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Very busy weekend for everyone except DS. DW off at a wedding. I have to spend the morning and early afternoon at an orientation meeting with DD 1 (10 Am) and DD 2 (noon).

DD 3 plays in a local tourney. The team's second starter is out so DD 3 is the ONLY starter this weekend.

I will have to miss at least the first game. Lucky the coach lives a couple of blocks away, so she has a ride.

Last year they played an 11u team from Aurora, Ill whose pitcher has the same last as DD 3 (and me). DD 3 only pitched one inning in relief last year, but will start Saturday morning. It would be cute if both pitchers had the same name this year.

Edit to add: her team is scheduled to play Aurora 9:30 AM tomorrow. Both teams 12u this year. DD 3 hopes Aurora has the same pitcher.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
DD's team is off this week-end. Going to help with field prep for first games of our summer rec program, then go watch DD's friends on our 10u-C team do pool play in a tourney. Practice Sunday afternoon.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
First tournament/exposure - 6 games. One tonight, 3 tomorrow and 2 Sunday morning. Should be interesting...these girls haven't played together since November! And we will be missing some key starters due to them still playing in HS State Finals and graduating. And I am anxious to see if my suspicions are slightly true (hint: DD talked about colleges and not just the academic part ;) ).

Oh yeah, and the exposure is only 5-10 min from house. :cool:

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2014
Local Tournament - We are a 1st year 16U playing 18U for the weekend - first game is 12:00P, 1:35P & 4:45P

Good luck to all the of the girls this weekend !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl