Summetime its Friday Check in 6-5-15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks for the DFP support. A 6-0 win this morning advances us to the championship game, but more importantly it secured a PGF berth. See you in Socal in August!! Strange game. We were 1 strike away from losing in the first round.

Oct 10, 2011
We ended up in 3rd place. Lost by 1 right at the end of the game, blowing a 2 run lead:( Oh well, 5 wins is pretty good!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
It was NOT a good weekend for DD but I guess that was to be expected with transition from HS ball to Travel ball. And she was off for a month due to rain and no practice. She struggled pitching to the ump's strike zone. Catcher told her that he wasn't calling her strikes (she was hitting all around the plate - rivers and corners and awesome changeups). And then hitting...I think she just got jacked up...struck out looking 2-3x and then blooper pop ups and grounders. Got 2 good hits, couple of walks, and HBP. Hoping it goes up from here. LOL.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
It was NOT a good weekend for DD but I guess that was to be expected with transition from HS ball to Travel ball. And she was off for a month due to rain and no practice. She struggled pitching to the ump's strike zone. Catcher told her that he wasn't calling her strikes (she was hitting all around the plate - rivers and corners and awesome changeups). And then hitting...I think she just got jacked up...struck out looking 2-3x and then blooper pop ups and grounders. Got 2 good hits, couple of walks, and HBP. Hoping it goes up from here. LOL.
It will get better! The weather has really stunk this year and most the times we can't practice on the infield. I'm jealous of the teams that have access to indoor facilities!

Sep 18, 2011
DD's first game in @6 months is tomorrow. :)

(I am nervous)

How did your DD do after the long layoff? My DD was in the same boat. She sat around all spring while her travel teammates played school ball (we lived in a different state - school ball was not an option). First tourney this weekend she batted leadoff and managed one cheap single in three games. Ouch. Hope your DD fared a little better!!

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
The long winter followed by a really rainy spring hurt a lot. My DD didn't do that well this weekend. Her batting was great, but she ran out of gas pitching, at a time when the team's #2 starter was out of town. Bad timing. She had one game where she got through the first inning on 3 pitches, but she ran out of gas in the second inning, and didn't pitch again. She has a rec ball game this evening. Maybe her arm is back.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Team's first tournament this weekend. We are very rough around the edges and are likely in for a rough few games this weekend but hoping to whip them in to shape over the next two months.

Went about as well as expected for our rag tag group of 10U leftovers that have been together for all of 4 practices. We went 0-4 this weekend. But one game was a 1 run loss that we think blue screwed up on the time stop but we coaches all agreed we'd rather win it on the field than win it by clock run out. We drew one of the teams that smoked us 15-0 on Saturday in bracket play on Sunday and played them much more competitively. Only lost 6-1 and saw some really big strides from the girls on defense.

Still need to work on a lot of things, including hitting tournament quality pitching. For most of these girls it was their first taste of this and they seemed a bit overwhelmed by the pitching speeds. Two weeks to work on things til tourney #2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl