Let's see your camera gear setups!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I use this same extension piece with a fence clip. The plastic fence mount can’t take a direct hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using that same mount for 3+ years, at probably 100(ish) games per year. It's been beat up multiple times. Still going strong. Because it grabs the fence wires that are away from the field, it's somewhat protected by the wires closer to the field.

That said, the Fence Clip is a more durable device, to be sure. I put my mount together in an effort to find a cheap solution with Amazon parts. I have both a LynkSpyder and a Fence Clip. I still prefer my cheap setup.

May 16, 2016
Thought about that but there is so much music that I would mute the entire game...wouldn't make for a good viewer experience. Anyone have a better experience with YouTube's algorithm?

What songs are playing when your stream is getting taken down? It is likely the same songs getting you taken down every time.

I've streamed to YouTube, although it's been a while, Twitch and Facebook, and never had a live stream taken down. On youtube, I did have copyright violations that would prevent playback of the recording, and I would have to Mute those sections of the video, before I could republish the game. That is where I figured out it was certain songs or artists that generated violations every time, where most music would generate a copyright claim, which prevents monetization, but did not force you to mute that section of the video.

YouTube just became too difficult to stream to, so I switched to Twitch for high school. Currently, the TB teams are streaming to AGL or Facebook.

Anyway, might want to try streaming to Twitch. I read where they scan "VODs" (Videos on Demand) but they do not mention scanning live streams. The downside to Twitch is for new channels, they only retain videos for two weeks. So you need an alternative to archive games.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What songs are playing when your stream is getting taken down? It is likely the same songs getting you taken down every time.

I've streamed to YouTube, although it's been a while, Twitch and Facebook, and never had a live stream taken down. On youtube, I did have copyright violations that would prevent playback of the recording, and I would have to Mute those sections of the video, before I could republish the game. That is where I figured out it was certain songs or artists that generated violations every time, where most music would generate a copyright claim, which prevents monetization, but did not force you to mute that section of the video.

YouTube just became too difficult to stream to, so I switched to Twitch for high school. Currently, the TB teams are streaming to AGL or Facebook.

Anyway, might want to try streaming to Twitch. I read where they scan "VODs" (Videos on Demand) but they do not mention scanning live streams. The downside to Twitch is for new channels, they only retain videos for two weeks. So you need an alternative to archive games.

I've had livestreams to FB blocked by music labels mid-stream due to walk-up music. The block was released by them later the same day. It's happened 2 times this HS season, both at away games (different schools). I haven't been able to identify which songs they are, specifically.

Apr 20, 2015
Hoping someone has some experience with a recent live stream issue. This year I have been live streaming to Facebook the high school games so friends and family of players can watch. The players have walk up music and there is also music played between innings. Facebook pauses the streams (about 25% of the game is missed) due to copyright issues so I am looking for alternatives. I believe YouTube has the same policy? Is Team Manager the only option to get around this issue?

You need to mute and unmute your microphone throughout the game. It’s the only way I’ve found to avoid Facebook mail

May 18, 2019
Covid boredom led to this. Hero 8 + lynk spyder + pocket radar + external battery and ball joint for adjustments. Nanuk 910 case. I've taken the battery out of the camera and with that, shade, no wifi, and an external fan, I usually can make it even on a 100 degree day.

Attachments

• 20220422_212008.jpg
    20220422_212008.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 54
Sep 3, 2015
I've been using that same mount for 3+ years, at probably 100(ish) games per year. It's been beat up multiple times. Still going strong. Because it grabs the fence wires that are away from the field, it's somewhat protected by the wires closer to the field.

That said, the Fence Clip is a more durable device, to be sure. I put my mount together in an effort to find a cheap solution with Amazon parts. I have both a LynkSpyder and a Fence Clip. I still prefer my cheap setup.

I’m pretty sure I got the setup based on you showing the pictures and part numbers here on DFP.

I liked it and it worked great, except when the outer clip broke off when taking a foul ball straight back. So I opted for something a little more durable.

Jul 4, 2013
I'll share my favorite combination of gear. Lets politely call it classic since I've been using it in one combination or another since 2013 (10u to 18u). GoPro Hero 3+ Black, View-Thru mount, battery eliminator, Polsen GPMK-22 xy mic with not one but two foam wind guards. It does not stream live, but it takes good 1080p video all day long. I've taken higher resolution, but it ends up too large for me to timely edit/upload.

I've had it in pieces. About two or three years in, it lost focus. Everything got super unusably blurry. The GoPro lens is threaded in but glued in place. You thread the lens in and out to focus. It was out of warranty and unusable as it was so I grabbed pliers and broke the lens loose to focus it. I decided to change the lens to a 3.8mm (? not sure) non-distortion type while I had it apart.

The View-Thru is compact, fast, and easy to adjust. The xy mic is mildly directional so it does a decent job getting audio from the field instead of the peanut gallery, though whichever parents sit close are still nervous about what it might pick up. The glass lens cover lets me use a lens cap and experiment with filters. All such experiments have been failures.

It's taken video of a ton of great memories.

IMG_4232.pngIMG_4235.png

Aug 9, 2021
Covid boredom led to this. Hero 8 + lynk spyder + pocket radar + external battery and ball joint for adjustments. Nanuk 910 case. I've taken the battery out of the camera and with that, shade, no wifi, and an external fan, I usually can make it even on a 100 degree day.

Are you recording in 1080 or 4K?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478