Strangest thing an Umpire has said to you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Had a baseball ump who repeatedly said he knew nothing about fastpitch in a tourney last summer. He threatened to kick me out if I didn't keep quiet on every play the other team would leave the base early.... he said to me.... "it's called a lead off and it's perfectly legal....shut up and get back in the dugout"
It was at that point, I got kick off the grounds.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Wow Cannon, how did you respond?

I have 3 pictures. LOL! As I mentioned, I don't talk to Umpires, root for my kid, ... My wife and I have always tried to be the parents no one notices. Those pictures are the ones I mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago that I wish I could figure out how to download off of my phone. I have a really old phone and have no clue on how to get pictures off of it.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ok, so on a funny note. Prior to conference tournament game, Plate Umpire comes over to get a drink of water. Looks at me and says, "If I need any help, can I count on you helping me get it right?" This guy was one of the best Umpires I have seen all year. Kept a dialog going with both catchers and was on the ball in every aspect of the game.