Stalker Parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2010
I would say that this is one of those situations where you go with your gut insticts. There are often subtle nuances that indicate to you that there are deeper problems sometimes, but you will rationalize yourself away from that if you "think" about it too much.

However, from what you said, I dont see the "stalker " part. Maybe a bit psycho, or just not perceptive about interpersonal relations, but he doesnt seem to be stalking you to me from what you indicated. Possibly he thought you and he were building some kind of rapport, relationship, buddies, etc. Seems his wife thought so too if she saw fit to email you about him. Up-ending that kind of mistaken assumption would be embarrassing, and probably change someones behavior. Has he indicated aggressive or violent tendencies toward you at all?

I certainly dont condone, or defend drug abuse. But I have known employees with usage problems, and only found out when they were fired after failing a drug test at work, etc. No real symptoms. I remember one particular guy, amazingly hard worker, never stopped moving or rested all day. I remember when he once went home after working a 12 hr night shift, and painted a car. I hated to lose that guy.

Maybe I hear too many news stories about desperate people coming home and offing the whole family. I think he fits the profile but I am not aware of any history or tendency to violence. Only takes once thought.

Feb 24, 2010
Where's the original post? All I see is "anyone out there deal with a stalker parent" - what's the situation? If it was edited/deleted, why?

I'd like to know so that I may realize this type of situation if it happens to me.

Apr 13, 2010
Where's the original post? All I see is "anyone out there deal with a stalker parent" - what's the situation? If it was edited/deleted, why?

I'd like to know so that I may realize this type of situation if it happens to me.

Sorry Wookie. I went back and got rid of all the details. Things are getting real wierd with this creep and he's probably followed me to this site. If he read the details he would definitely see himself and I'm not ready for that yet. Bad thing is what I had in there was only about 10% of it.

Best think I can say is to be careful of dads who are a bit too anxious, obsessed with thier daughter playing softball, and makes negative remarks about other players who compete with dd for playing time all the while framing it as trying to be helpful and well meaning. Even though we have a standing team rule against this.

My coaches know what's up and we're all being vigilant.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ok, so why are you all going there. ... or 50s. Now do you feel better that you made me post this? ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG