Twitter etiquette

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
I’m old school- and have a 7th grader - so am pretty removed from this. But I’m fascinated by the kids Twitter accounts. (I was a college swimmer and called my state u coach and said these are my times I’m thinking of going to school there. He said great- come out for weekend and meet the team. I did and I went there and swam- so my head is exploding seeing how college recruiting works these days).

What is the correct semi- stalker mom etiquette- can I follow the crazy good kids I see at my daughter’s pitching coach? Or is following a teenager you don’t know stalker like? Or do more followers help them- so it’s good?

Jun 8, 2016
What is the correct semi- stalker mom etiquette- can I follow the crazy good kids I see at my daughter’s pitching coach? Or is following a teenager you don’t know stalker like? Or do more followers help them- so it’s good?
I follow kids DD plays against and I have yet to be hauled away in cuffs (came close a few times for other reasons 😂)..I think you will be ok.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2014
There isn't one way... it's a broad spectrum of what works and doesn't. My DD regained an interest while at her college and approached the coach.

Whatever works.

Jun 19, 2020
Yes, follow away, DD has followers from other teams both parents and players. She has met other players at camps as well and a few of their parents follow her as well. Its always fun to track kids you are familiar with on their journey. Now that DD has committed she follows her fellow recruits as well. I think thats cool as they will be together in college soon enough.

May 27, 2013
I’d say following them on Instagram would be pretty stalkerish since teens tend to post all kinds of non-softball related photos on there. Twitter just being used as a recruiting tool is totally different. Heck, I’ve had HS players who I don’t know follow me on Twitter - I have no clue why….

Dec 6, 2019
When my daughter posts HR videos on her Twitter, is it bad form to tag the pitcher she hit the HR off?

Dec 6, 2019
Try it and let us know how it works out..
And then when she posts videos from her hitting lessons, we thought she should probably tag the pitchers in her HS conference and ask them how much sleep they're getting these days? You know, to show how much she cares about their well-being. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28