Southern Indiana Softball Umpire Camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
The Tri-State Umpire Association will host a Softball Umpire camp for new or newer softball umpires. This camp is designed to help the newer umpires improve their craft and be prepared to work higher level games.

For the new umpire it will prepare you to make sure you know proper mechanics/positioning/ and basics of softball umpiring. For the umpire with a few years’ experience the camp will help elevate your ability and prepare you for higher level games.

The camp will be ran in conjunction with the IU Southeast Showcase at Deaconess Sports Complex in Evansville Indiana on September 21st and 22nd.

This camp is set up to help all the camper become more knowledgeable about umpiring softball.

The cost is $25.00 per umpire and will be refunded when you complete the camp.

Umpires will umpire the showcase games and receive instructions from the instructor assigned to your field. Field will rotate during the camp. So you will get feedback and instructions from 3-4 different instructors.

The instructors all have experience working state championship at the high school level, USA Softball National Championships and games at the NCAA level, in clouding NCAA post season selection.

Camp umpires will be paid for the games you work during the camp. So at the end of the camp, you will get your $25.00 back and paid for the games you umpire. So, in essence you will get paid to attend the camp.

There are not many camps offered where the umpires actually have money in their pocket when they are done!!

If you have more questions or would like to register, please contact Mike Golini at 812-480-2768 or reply here.

Mike Golini
812-480-2468
President Tri-State Umpire Association

May 29, 2015
You sure that's not in Danville ?

giphy.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
When I say old, I don't mean 60 to 65, I am talk 75 and up. God bless them but some of them should hang them up. We were playing 7 inning games (no time limit) in Perris, CA. Hotter than HE double hockey sticks. I don't know how they do it.

May 29, 2015
When I say old, I don't mean 60 to 65, I am talk 75 and up. God bless them but some of them should hang them up. We were playing 7 inning games (no time limit) in Perris, CA. Hotter than HE double hockey sticks. I don't know how they do it.

I call it “energy conservation.”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury