Someone explain this to me Hitting Hype

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 4, 2015
if you don’t get the irony of writing down unwritten rules i can’t help you

Wasn't looking for, nor did i need help. But yet again, you're making a post that has no relevance to the conversation. But i'm guessing you thought it was incredibly witty since you made the same comment to multiple people.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I could go on and on here but I'll stop. To answer your question, I think its totally acceptable to react that way as long as its not directed to the other team. There are certain chants I dont allow our team to do solely bc its directed at the other team players instead of our teammates.

Situation for you

Ok, your dd gets struck out and the pitcher jumps up and down screaming and yelling "lets goooo, shut them down"
and fist pumping. So not saying anything at your dd but pumping her team up...you would think thats ok?

You're gonna sit in the stands and feel thats ok right after she K'd your dd?.

Again, just throwing it out there to see what some think.

Oct 2, 2017
Situation for you

Ok, your dd gets struck out and the pitcher jumps up and down screaming and yelling "lets goooo, shut them down"
and fist pumping. So not saying anything at your dd but pumping her team up...you would think thats ok?

You're gonna sit in the stands and feel thats ok right after she K'd your dd?.

Again, just throwing it out there to see what some think.
Why wouldn't I be ok with that? Why should someone get offended at that? Including me as a parent or my DD. One player bested the other, This like any sport is a "GAME", this is not life and death. If it was directed towards his DD as in a direct, insulting manner of taunting, that's different and disrespectful. Again this is the same as MLB pitchers getting but hurt over someone homering off of them.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, asking as sometimes feelings change when its your dd at the plate or on the mound

I dont think the soccer thing has anything to do with this convo...as I never said celebrating was insulting.
Im simply asking quesitons on degrees of celebrations and what people think is ok or not

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You know as well as I do, MANY people change feelings when their kids get involved. Should the
feelings change, no, but it def does for some.
I have met a few parents that if their kid got showed up by a pitcher like my example, they would have
a fit about it. But they are ok with the celebrations when they hit...haha.

This is a fun topic to get peoples thoughts on.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2016
I like the NCAA Women's Volleyball - the playoffs and better teams provide some good quality ball. I notice after every point, win or lose, it is hi fives all around.

Softball gets better after 12-14u when the really unbearable cheers tend to stop.

Oct 14, 2019
i would probably be thinking of what my daughter could do differently to reach base next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck