So my DD is watching the all-star game ....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I'm upstairs in my office doing what I do, and I hear my daughter downstairs talking baseball w/ my wife and mother in law (whose interest in and knowledge of sports would be 0 if not for me and DD). I go about halfway down the stairs and realize that DD has them watching the MLB all-star game. So I decide to eaves drop. I hear her lecturing her grandmother - "I have a baseball swing. Some softball coaches don't like that because they don't think you have time to load and stride because you're so close to the pitcher, but if you look at the top hitters in college softball (she's dropping names like Alex Hugo), they have baseball swings.''

Couldn't help but smile and be proud and happy that she likes this stuff. She's been waiting all day for 8 p.m. Granted, she's out of school and nursing a pulled butt muscle and can't do much else, but still neat, imho.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Hadn't thought of that. My daughter's remarks were driven largely from a comment that a coach made to her last year. He told her that she had a baseball swing and that she'd have trouble with it when she got to high school and faced faster, older pitchers. Under my influence, she disagrees with that prediction. But she's not rejecting what good softball players do, but rather what some softball coaches do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234